Chapter 14: Thinking

The monologue

"Do you know what keeps people going? It depends, it could be other people, drugs, machines, feelings, maybe even religion to some people. Did you ever realize that nobody really lives for themselves? Sure, it could be something like 《Yeah, I'm living for myself 'cuz I wanna be independent and I don't care about others.》, but the moment someone is in danger or needs help they go straight to them and panic and try to help and sometimes they make it worse because they're "independent" so they don't know how to work with other people, and most of those who go through that change into being a "dependent" person, but barely a "dependable" person. That's all it takes. As long as you're not out of your mind and feel like you're all numb and you actually and genuinely don't care about what happens. People live off emotions, for other things, for sensations and maybe for other people. Why don't we ever live for ourselves? We barely even get the freedom to think for ourselves since everything is stuffed in our head since we were kids. How to act, how to talk, how to do things. Or is it because we know we're actually not worthy of living to begin with? Because we know how terrible we are? Because of other's image of us? They're judging, we judge back. We're all always judging, because we all have a point of view and a way of understanding things, so everything works by pure judgement of one person and how it affects others. We can never be the same. There's always a tiny little detail that makes the difference. We'll always be separated by these things and by our different morals. There's no such thing as true or right way of thinking. We're all different in that aspect, but just because the majority has a somewhat different opinion than yours you're being marginalized or called stupid, or crazy, or young... It isn't fair, yes, yet it is stated that the majority is very fair and square, when life itself isn't. What's up with that, huh? We only created society so we have a purpose, though it was never necessary. We don't have a purpose. We just created these things so that we can feel like we're doing something in life, when we're not really doing anything but destroy ourselves and each other. It's all void of sense," Mika said.

This monologue of Mika's surprised everyone. They didn't know how to react. The truth hit them, but since they lived their entire life with the mindset that this entire lie we call society has a purpose they denied everything she said. Mika didn't care. She just said what she thought. The rest was up to them.

Mika left and was taking a walk outside the hideout. She started singing a song she thought about right in the spot:

"I faked it all, I did it again
I tried to fit and understand
Even if it doesn't work,
I'm just trying.

Please ignore my stupid acts
And go back to your little chats
'Do you mind?' 'Yes.' 'Sorry.'
I'm just trying...

Is something wrong with that?
I just feel good when I act...

It's short, but imma say it:
I don't believe in faking.
At least not anymore...
So find someone better
To judge and criticize,
'Cuz I'm not your teller
About what's wrong and right."

Mika thought just then "Maybe killing everyone will wake everyone up..." so she decided to stop reporting to The Council and "fully join" The Unmasked.

One problem: The Unmasked's plan was to conquer the world, not destroy it, even though it's inevitable since The End will live up to its name with no exceptions. She'll just pretend that they can do it, then watch the world crumble along with her.

No way...

Charlotte was took to be experimented on that day, since they needed her to take the soul of The End. They needed to make sure she can take it.

In the meantime, they needed the last Monster Person which was Jack. Mika felt all those bad feelings coming back. The guilt and all... She killed him, so the plan would fail for sure. She completely forgot he was a Person.

"Hey, uh, about Jack... I killed him when some of you came to attack me and Charlotte that day." Mika confessed.

"Hahaha! Don't worry about it. Jack's ability is to make clones of himself. That was surely a clone. He's around the building somewhere." a guy laughed and Mika stopped walking.

She was in shock. "I thought... Haa..." she thought for a second.

They walked in the room where Jack was presumed to be in.

"Oh, hi there Mika! What's up?" Jack said happily.
Mika was still shocked but she still, very breathless said "Hi..." and waved a bit.

"Hey, everyone, can you leave for a little? I wanna talk with her alone." Jack asked politely.

"Sure man." said one of them and left, then everyone followed.

Mika was standing still. "Come on. Sit down." he gestured for her to sit on a chair. She went and sat down, still taking it all in.
"Still surprised, huh?" Jack asked, then laughed. "It's fine! Really." he assured Mika. She nodded.

"Alright so, what are you doing here? Actually no, first of all, explain how come you're alive. I was surprised as well when my clone got killed by you, who was dead. Or was supposed to." Jack chuckled.

Mika had to tell him her story. Jack was in pure shock. "That's... horrible... Mika, I'm so sorry." Jack went and hugged her tightly.

She froze for a second, then pushed him away since she knew that if she let him get close to her she might, just might, slip out her plan to him and he might want to stop her, or at least try, and then emotions would cloud her thinking like never before so all she did was say "Thanks, but no." and left.

.

Should I feel sad when I'm left out?
Should I feel happy when they all scream now?
"Everyone has feelings, everyone knows you do too!
You show them everyday, just what exactly are you?"

You might say these things to me,
But, you know, they don't mean a thing.
"Oh yeah, I forgot." "How could you?" "Tell me too!"

Whenever there's something I need to feel
I just go ahead and skip my meal.
Tell everyone "I don't have emotions."
And then they respond: "Yes you do, they're crucial."

They keep asking "What do you mean?"
When I tell them I don't feel anything.
"How can you say that when you feel al lot?"
"Instead of feeling something I'd rather not."

"Could you tell me what's on your mind?"
Asks the teacher that doesn't even smile.
I walk away, needing it all to stop
"I already told you I'd rather not."

"Can you tell me what you've been told
That you ended up being this cold?"
"Does it look like I care?
I already told you so
I'd rather go ahead and sell my soul (not that I haven't already)"

You might say these things to me,
But, you know, they don't mean a thing.
"Oh yeah, I forgot." "How could you?" "Tell me too!"

Whenever there's something I need to feel
I just go ahead and skip my meal.
Tell everyone "I don't have emotions."
And then they respond: "Yes you do, they're crucial."

They keep asking "What do you mean?"
When I tell them I don't feel anything.
"How can you say that when you feel al lot?"
"Instead of feeling something I'd rather not."

Mika sang another song.
She let out a tear.