Chapter 23: Unlucky

Nothing

Charlotte and Kate searched for days at this point and no sign of The Monster People.

"Just how unlucky can we be?! They couldn't have gone far my ass, Mike!" Kate complained. Char just kept looking around.

"Hey, what's that?" Charlotte pointed at a rock.

"Uh, it's a rock Char. A rock. What else can it be?"

"No, next to the rock." Charlotte explained.

"That's another rock. Seriously, are you okay?"

"No, next to that."

"Look, it's a mountain, of course there's gonna be a bunch of rocks!" Kate exclaimed and then sighed. "Let's just give up. Also, where the hell is Mike? He said he'll catch up. I swear that bastard is enjoying his alone time at home," Kate cursed him.

"Maybe," Charlotte said with a straight face.

"And you're fine with it?! Really..." Kate dropped down on the hard ground.

"Didn't that hurt...?" Char asked a bit concerned.

"Oh shush! Now you care? We've been walking for so long and I kept complaining, while you couldn't care less, but I drop down once and you give a shit? You need to work on that," Kate complained even more, then apologized.

"So, do we just go back now?" Charlotte asked.

"I guess so... We have nowhere else to search."

"How annoying... Just where are they?" Char asked no one in particular.

Everything

The Monster People left The Mice and headed towards The Dogs. They felt that it would be easy to attack people that are the complete opposites of others since they'd know what they'll do. On their way, Mika saw something and signalled everyone to sit down.

"Oh come on," Mika cursed under her breath, but loud enough for Ney to hear.

"What's that?" Ney said in a mocking tone.

"Shut up. They're old friends," Mika explained and Ney's eyes widened a bit.

"Well aren't you gonna get taken away if they see you," Ney said.

"Exactly what I said."

It was Charlotte and Kate, obviously. That's why Charlotte pointed out something on the down side of the mountain.
They stayed like that for a few minutes, then the girls left. Mika signalled to everyone that it's safe to go back up and continue walking.

"Well that was close," said Jack, grinning. Mika frowned.

Before they left, Garr told them where to go to the hideout of The Runners and the password they have to say to get in. It was, once again, close to the barrier, which you could say it's pretty good. Their plan didn't change, I mean, what could've changed anyway? All they do is bomb stuff up and eventually murder people themselves. They have to give their everything on the battlefield.