Chapter 4: Evolving

A/N: Sorry for the late late update, I forgot my password to the account and then I forgot about this account, then there's other stuff that happened- *sigh*
please enjoy!

Sick

Charlotte was training hard these two weeks and perfected the spin. Char and her friends would usually train in her backyard. They were all training hard these two weeks and they all had great results since Mika would tell them something to help them and make their control over their skills better and to use them efficiently since Mika knew a lot about all types of combat.
They all perfected their techniques and got the highest scores in school.

This week, Mika also trained a bit with them, just so that she doesn't get too relaxed. Let's just say that a cold has gotten to her after that.

"You should rest, Maki. I'll make some soup for you" said Charlotte and went to the kitchen.

"I'll go buy some medicine!" Kate said.

"Someone has to look over her so I'll stay here," said Mike and took a chair and sat beside her bed.

"Look, I'm fine. I just feel a little dizzy, that's all," stated Mika, then coughed.

"Yeah sure. Rest," said Mike closing his eyes. Mika sighed and said.

"I can't go to sleep right now. I'm not tired enough," at which Mike opened his eyes and decided to ask her some questions.

"Alright then... how about I ask you some questions and you answer them until you feel tired enough?" Mike asked.

"What kind of questions? I'll think about it," said Mika as she narrowed her eyes.

"Okay then. How old are you?" started Mike.

"16," responded Mika.

"What's your full name?"

"I'm an orphan," Mike's eyes widened for a second then he apologised.

"Since when?" he asked.

"Since when I became an orphan? Since I was 8," she responded.

"Who were your parents?"

"I don't remember."

That was the moment she widened her eyes and realized she didn't remember much from her childhood.

"Do you maybe have any information regarding the dea-" Mike was interrupted by Charlotte coming in with a bowl of soup.

"Here! I hope you like it," Charlotte handed Mika the bowl.

"Thanks." Mika took a sip, stopped for a second, then drank the whole bowl in a minute.

"This was good," she said. Charlotte's cheeks were becoming hot.

"Hey guys! I brought the medicine!" Kate rushed in.

"Perfect timing. She just finished a bowl of soup," stated Mike.

"Alright. Here ya go, Maki-ki!" said Kate as she handed her a glass of water and the medicine.

"Maki-ki? Really?" said Mike with an exasperated sigh.

"Yes!" Kate exclaimed, but Mika wasn't really fazed by her calling. She took her medicine then went to sleep, after she thanked her for the medicine.

"Alright let's go guys. Let's let her sleep," said Charlotte. They all left, but Mike was the last one to leave since he looked ather for a while longer. "Just who is she and what is she after?" he thought and then left.

Mika suddenly got a wierd feeling, like her heart and brain were tingling, but decided to ignore it, thinking that it was probably because she was sick.

The Monster People

Mika had a strange dream one of these nights when she was sick. She was in a pitch black room with the only light pointed at her from somewhere above her and some other people there.

"Who are you?" Mika asked the creepy looking people.

"We are going to tell you something about the Monster People, Last's Person," one of them said. Mika widened her eyes. "How do they know I'm Lasts's Person? Are they..." she thought, but didn't finish.

"If they meet, nothing will happen. The End is fake. Pay attention to what you do, it could change fates," the person (?) said.

Mika woke up shaking and with her heart beating as a pigeon's. "I have to find out what's with these Monster People."

~~~~~~~~~~

After a few days, she was no longer in bed and felt better. The first thing she did was go at the library to search for any type of information on this "The End" thing. She searched firstly in the information aisle. Nothing. Then in the fiction aisle. Nothing. Documentary? Nothing. One last thing she could think of was history. "There is nothing. Why is that?" she thought.

She went to the librarian and asked for a book on the Monster People. Of course, the people around looked suspiciously at her, but she understood the reason.

"We don't have that here. Is there a reason why you'd want something like that?" the librarian asked.

"Nothing in particular. Pure curiosity," Mika answered.

"Well, you know the saying 'curiosity killed the cat'. Be careful. Ask quieter or when there aren't many people. Even so, we don't have that here," the librarian explained. She nodded, thanked and left.

Weapons

Charlotte started training with weapons and machines to help her out. The weapons she got were sword, gun and a fan. The people at school also got companions to compliment their attitudes and she got a crow that she named Sorra.

"That's a cute crow," said Kate. "At least it's better than getting a fish that I have to carry in a recipient of water all the time..." she sighed.

"Well I got an eagle so we both have birds and you a fish," said Mike laughing at Kate.

"Stop that, I know, Mike!" Kate blushed in embarrassment and hit Mike in the arm.

"I'll name the fish Notbalow, from 'not being able to live outside water," Kate said sighing once more.

"There there," comforted Charlotte.

"I'll name this guy, hmm, maybe...High-fly, based on his ability," Mike shoved it in Kate's face once again.

"Stop it!" Kate growled.

"So I'm the only one who actually named their companion with a random word that came in my head?" laughed Charlotte and the other two also laughed.

Their companions have a few techniques already learned. For example, signal to come to them, to leave, to deliver a message and to take their weapon and bring it. Other signals can be taught by the people who have them as a companion. They can also make combinations of techniques with their partner, like them distracting the opponent as they attack.