PART 3: Chapter 17: A Year Later

New everyone

People are screaming as buildings are on fire and are being destroyed. It was The Monster People's doing. You'd say they would get used to it, but it's still a disaster. You cannot get used to disasters, can you?
Everything was broadcasted on the News channel on TV and Charlotte saw everything. She felt a pressure on her chest so she closed the TV.

"It's too late to feel remorse. She's doing what she wants now..." she thought, then paused for a second. "I still have to change her though... It's not right what she's doing," she continued her thought with determination.

.

Mike and Kate came to Charlotte's to go train that day.

"Come on, let's go Char," said Kate.

Charlotte locked the door and they all got going.

"Did you two see the news?" asked Mike.

"Yeah... I really can't get a hold of The Monster People. Really... They're really unbelievable and... maybe misunderstood," Kate said. Charlotte didn't say anything.
"Char? You good?" asked Kate.

"Mhm. It's just that I don't want to waste time trying to understand them. It's pointless. We just have to stop them," she said.

"Hmm... But don't you think that to stop them you'll need to try and understand their reasons and mentalities?" said Mike.

"Yeah. Otherwise nothing will work," continued Kate.

Charlotte was silent.

The rest of the walk to their new training spot (they changed the training place because the backyard wasn't big enough and it brought back memories) was quiet. Until Mike started talking about how they should train today, but Charlotte wasn't listening since she was reminiscing about the events that happened a year ago. "I really have to stop her," she thought. Then they reached the training spot and started.

"Come at me!" Kate yelled at both her friends. Mike smirked and went for a straight hit. Kate dodged it. "You suck," Kate said as she stuck her tongue out at him. Mike clicked his tongue and took her by the arm. "Woop-" Kate fell. Actually, more like Mike pinned her down. "You can get off now. It's starting to get uncomfortable," Kate said as she was groaning.

"I could do that, but you won't have resistance that way, hm?" Mike said in a mocking tone. Kate whined. Right then, Charlotte stepped in and hit Mike in the side with her leg. Mike fell and sucked air through his teeth in response. "Damn you, Char. Take it easy on me would'ya?" Mike complained.

"You won't get resistance, would you now?" Kate repeated as she smirked under her mask. Kate started mocking Mike and, not shortly after that, Char turned around and hit her as well. Same way, same spot.
"Oh come on!" Kate whined once more.

"I feel like you're too strong for your own good," Mike complimented.

"I'm not though. You guys are just weak."

"Wha- Really now?!" Kate complained and went for her friend and finally got a good kick in. Charlotte was down now. "Hmph. Who's weak now?"

"Still you," Charlotte grabbed her and pinned Kate under her.

"Girls, girls. Calm down now. Let me join!" Mike said as he jumped on the girls to hug them. A thud was heard. A loud one.

"Mike~!" Kate whined as she was trying to get out.

"This is why we barely get any training done..." Char complained, but smiled to herself.

"Shhh, don't blame me now. You do get training. You have to get out, right?" Mike said as he tilted his head. Charlotte got serious immediatly and threw him aside.

"You call this training? You're so slim."

"Shut up," Mike pouted.

Kate started laughing then went and hugged them both. "Let's never change, okay?" she said happily.

"Mhm," Charlotte agreed.

"Yeah," Mike chuckled.

In the end, it was an okay day.