Chapter 19: The Cats

Get In

The Monster People, as I said before, were always on the run. Even though everything started in The Cats' country, they left right after they decided to stick together. Now they were returning and definitely not with good intentions.

The Cats was always heavily guarded and filled with obeying people, but they were so easy to distract and scare, though they could be hard to bend so it might take a while. That is only if their plan doesn't work.

Jack had a friend in The Cats...

"...He lives very close to the barrier that divides the country from The Frogs and The Mice," he explained. Every country had a barrier, but they were different in height, thickness and how heavy they were guarded.

The Cats was not the worst of the barriers to try to break through, The Owl's was. But that is for another time, maybe.

"Alright, then let's plan something!" Lucas exclaimed and everyone took a seat and spoke their ideas. After all of that, they reached a conclusion.

"That should be good enough. I hope," Ney said.

Mika was sitting very boyish, Norman was sitting on the table without a care in the world, and the rest were sitting somewhat more normally. Ney was sitting as if he was thinking. Kiki was keeping one of her legs up. Lucas was strecthing his legs as well as Jack. And Martha... she wasn't even sitting.

"Hmph," Mika let out

They were ready.

.

They reached the barrier.

"Alright. Everyone knows the story?" Ney asked quietly and everyone nodded.

"Alright then let's go," he said and they went forward. They all had fake IDs and masks from The Cats so all they needed was a believable story.

"IDs please," said one of the guards.

Everyone gave them the fake IDs and they started looking at them.

"Alright. You are part of this country, but what were you doing outside?" the same guard asked.

"Well, we had a group mission," Ney said and the guard urged them to go on.

"Our mission was to accompany a class that came here for a trip back to their country," Jack said.

"What country and what class?" the guard asked.

"That is confidential," Mika said.

"Hmm... alright. A class did indeed come here for a trip. You can go," the guard opened the barrier and let them in.

They planned this. They looked into it. They looked at the activity happening in the country and tried to find some believable and they did.

"Well, that wasn't so hard," Ney said sighing.

"Yeah," Norman said in a bit shaky voice.

"Alright, now come on. This way," Jack said and motioned them to follow him.

Garr

The knocked on the door of an abandoned block.

"Who is it?" said a wierd creaky voice.

"It's Jack along with The Monster People, I did say we were coming, right?" Jack said and the others looked at each other.

"Can he just say who we are? What if it's not the person we're looking for?" Kiki asked quietly.

"It's fine, trust me," Jack said as he heard them and Kiki squeeled a little.

"Name me," said the person.

"Garr," Jack said. After that, they heard the door open.

"Alright come in!" the person said.

"I'm Garr, nice to finally meet you all!" he said in a polite tone.

"Hi," Mika and Norman said in a monotone while Kiki jumped and hugged him and Ney sighed. Martha just nodded.

.

They talked about what they did until now for a while and The Unmasked incident and what they're trying to do while Garr and a few other people there were in shock.

"Wait, so all of these were lies told by The Council? Are you fucking kidding me right now!?" someone said and kicked a bench.

"Sheesh. Calm down," Garr said as he was also in pretty much a little shocked.
"So that's why you came here, huh..." Garr said.

"Yeah. I hope we're not bothering you or something," Jack said while raising his hand a little and smiling nervously.

"Ah no no no, of course not, hahaha! I wouldn't have let you in if you did," Garr laughed as everyone was a bit pissed about that "But we can't blame him now, can we?" everyone thought.

"So what's the plan?" Garr asked. Everyone looked at Mika and she nodded.

"We were thinking about starting with the Central Region and then whichever region will be more panicked next and so on until we cover the entire country in ashes," Mika explained in her usual monotone, but it felt more intense this time.

"Woah! But how?" Garr asked.

"We'll just do it without trying to attract to much attention, though it'll be inevitable at some point. After that, whatever happens we'll think it on the moment. We have these radio stations caskets so we can communicate easily even through fire and loud noises so if we need help we just ask for it. We brought some more for you guys too," Mika explained.

All of the Monster People were going crazy unknowingly, slowly, but surely.

Weapons

Charlotte mastered the use of multiple guns and/or swords at once.

"This is awesome!" Kate exclaimed at Char and hugged her.

"Yeah yeah. Get back to training now," She responded, a bit embarassed. Kate pouted and went to Mike.

"She changed a lot..." Kate said in a sad tone.

"Yeah... It's all because of Mika... But there's no use trying to blame her. What's done is done, no way we can undo it now," Mike said.

"Sure, Mr. Philosophy Guy. Whatever you say," Kate said as she stuck her tongue out and Mike sighed.

Mike mastered the use of the fan and multiple fans at once, along with some pins and sharp things hidden inside the fans.

"You look so ladylike, yikes," Kate said.

"You're gatekeeping fans now? If you want to use them then learn it," Mike striked back and Kate just laughed.

"Hey, Char! Come here and help me a bit with sword!" Mike yelled after her.

Kate mastered guns and knives along with anything sharp she could use as a weapon. Also, she's extremely good at hand to hand combat.

.

Char was becoming much more numb with the day, while Mika was slowly losing her sanity.