Chapter 15: It's Time

The End

Charlotte, Mike, Kate, The Monster People, they all scremed at them to stop, throwing random reasons at them not to do it, but, of course, they were ignored once again.

They went on Ocean Peace since it was the biggest and the deepest water there was meaning it was perfect to perform the ritual. All the Monster People were put in a big circle and Charlotte in the middle.

"Please, please! I am begging you! Stop this madness! Please! Mika!" Charlotte screamed.

"Come on! This is insane!" Kate screamed as well while Mike just closed his eyes at this point knowing it was useless trying to change their minds.

Mika's mind was clouded of memories of her friends. How they were laughing and trying to make her feel things, how they listened to some of her dark thoughts sometimes, how they kept telling her to take her pills in the morning and tried to help. Then some memories of Jack, then her past. Everything was popping out all at once. All in all, she didn't really want nor need the memories and neither the emotions and feelings.

Everyone's eyes turned the color of the Monsters' eyes and those who had ocular powers had them turned on, as Charlotte's body emitted a bright light. It was The End. It was coming.
.
.
.
The End only came partially.

"What's the meaning of this? I was sleeping so good," it asked and everyone went mute

"What's the meaning of this? I was sleeping so good," it asked and everyone went mute. "Well?" it urged.

"We brought you here so we can conquer the world, mighty being. Please lend us your power to do so!" said some guy from The Unmasked.

"Oh for- I'm too old for this shit. I'm not gonna do nothin'. I'm goin' back to sleep. Deal with it yourselves, ay?" it said and left.

"What the actual fuck?" everyone said.

"That was... unexpected," Mika thought.
"Then... all of it was for nothing? Ha..." Mika sighed.

They tried again, but nothing happened. That was extremely unexpected and everyone was mad about it.

.

They all went back to the hideout.
"Now what? We wasted so much time, so many years... for what? For that stupid thing to just say it's too old for this and it ain't doing shit? For fuck's sake!" said someone.

"It really was all for nothing huh..." someone else stated. Others sighed, others threw fists, others were still in shock.

"You know what? To hell with it, I'll just go back to my life, if it's possible... The Council bastards probably won't let that happen, but still. There's nothing else we can do." someone suggested. Everyone agreed.

They left to their rooms for the last time and started packing.

Mika wasn't feeling so well after that talk and The End thing. Maybe it was just exhaustion, maybe it was more than that.

Find out

Everyone was still confused because of what happened and didn't really know what to do now, even though they all agreed to just go back to live their lives in misery. It was so dumb. It was so stupid. That thing called "The End" didn't live up to its name and made everyone very uncomfortable, made them feel worthless and dumb and weak.

.

Mika finally went back to The Council and said: "They failed. Or more like The End said it was too old for this and didn't wanna do it," she sighed. The Council looked at her confused.
"What?" she asked shrinking her eyes.

"Hahaha, did they even do it right? Or maybe they did it with a clone of the Monster People or with someone who was dressed up as them specifically for this type of situations. They aren't that easily captured. Plus, Last's Person would be almost impossible to find, if there is such a person and Last didn't give up on its life," someone said. Mika widened her eyes.

"Oh. I mean- you're right. That's why I stayed with them longer and didn't report anymore. They started to watch over me and suspected I was up to something and I wanted to see where they would go with this entire game of theirs. Of course they couldn't get the real Monster People," Mika said as she let out a little laugh.

The Council let her go then and she just didn't want to believe it.

"They were messing with us from the beginning... Gosh we're dumb. Wait..." suddenly she got a thought that maybe what they said to her now was also a cover-up for something.

.

"Guys, listen. Something's off," Mika said and told them what The Council said. They looked at her either mad, either confused or both.

"First of all, how did they let you in?" asked Martha.

"And second of all, in The Great Book of History it says that The Monster People cand find each other no matter the circumstances, so we couldn't have wronged them for someone else," said Lucas.

Everyone was even more confused.

"Something is very off," whispered someone.

"Let's find out then!" Kiki yelled. Everyone agreed and even The Monster People agreed to help since they knew that nothing was good.

They infiltrated The Council with a few people as the distractions and some others who kicked ass on the way to the Info Room. The rest went in and searched for information about the whole thing. Ney widened his eyes and yelled: "I FOUND IT! LET'S GO NOW!" and everyone did as he said.

When they got back at the hideout Ney started to tell them what he saw.

"You aren't gonna believe this... Us, The Monster People, were actually experiments to see what a supposedly nice demon willingly possesing a child would turn out like. The entire "The End" thing was also just a stupid thing to keep The Unmasked under control. There were also no other Monster People since it didn't work to possess them and died before anything happened," Everyone was shocked, mad and/or disappointed.

"You're kidding me?! We wasted our lives on a thing that wasn't gonna do anything in the first place! Bullshit! I'm done. I quit," one of them shot himself right in the spot and then others did the same.

The rest were looking in shock and terror at the scene created now. Nobody moved for a while... just looked at the corpses of the people who gave up because of some shitty people. "Is this what The Council wanted?" Mika thought. She was numb but somewhat mad at that thought.

"The rest of us, let's first bury the bodies here and then we'll let the hostages go and leave our separate ways," said Mika breaking the long silence. People nodded and got to it.

They buried the bodies, some cried a bit, then they let the hostages free and then waved at each other and left wherever. The Monster People went as a group at random places and promised to do their best at making the world worse than it is. They'll destroy everything in the end. That's what they wanted.