Chapter 6: Change

Nightmares

Charlotte stayed quiet for the rest of the week, still trying to comprehend Mika's story. She barely even went to school. She started to have random nightmares about Mika trying to kill her because she knew her secrets and other people coming after her because of the same reason. "It's just a nightmare... It's not real... That Maki isn't real, she'd protect me if I need it... She didn't mean to get me in this situation..." is what she would say everytime after she would wake up from a nightmare, even if it didn't help her to go back to sleep, at least it comforted her slightly.

Mika also started having nightmares, or more like flashbacks as her dreams, with her childhood and the horrors she went through.

In the meantime she also remembered something about her parents and that was the moment she swore to protect Charlotte.

Then they went back to normal, as if nothing happened, the next week.

That person was...

Mika and Charlotte started training harder than ever in case anything was about to happen. Of course, Kate and Mike saw that.
"Hey, I think you should take it easy. You're training way too hard," Kate said, a little worried, to Charlotte.

"Yeah, I have to agree with her this time and you know how much it pains me to approve with her," Mike said and Kate hit him in the arm.

"Hahaha, I'm fine. I'm not gonna overdue it, I'm not stupid. I just suddenly got the feeling to be stronger. The strongest!" Charlotte explained and Mike and Kate bent their heads to the side.

"That's very sudden," Mike said with a suspicious face.

"I know! But it's there and I can't ignore it," Charlotte stated.

.

Charlotte remembered something while she was telling Mika that she didn't get any new flashbacks. "Hey... I think... That man that said something like 'It's too risky' a few weeks ago in one of my memories was my older brother. And if I remember correctly...he was also part of the Monster People. He was Sixth's Person," Charlotte said and Mika's eyes widened a bit.

"Do you remember your old house? Or do you have any idea where he is?" Mika asked and Charlotte shook her head.

Little did they know that Kate and Mike were outside their window, listening to every word they said. "You're kidding me, right? What was that about?! Are these girls part of The Unmasked or something? Or what if they plan a coup d'etat?" Kate exclaimed quietly.

"Coup d'etat? What, you can speak french all of a sudden?" Mike laughed at her and he got hit by her.

"It's an actual thing we also use, jackass! Look, this isn't the time to make fun of things! What if-" Kate got interrupted by Mika popping, from inside, out the window and signaling them to come inside. They sighed.

"So, what's going on here, hmm?" Mike asked.

"Listen...you'll be involved in something dangerous. Are you sure you want to know?" Mika asked and they nodded. She sighed and told her story again.

Kate and Mike looked at them in shock.

"What!?" Kate yelled.

"The Unmasked is after you!? You're kidding, right? I mean, sure, you're creepy and all, but really?" Mike said and they both shook their heads.

"Oh my God! That was the best story I ever heard and it's real! We're in, right Mike?" Kate said excited.

"Kate, are you kidding me...? WE CAN DIE THERE, do you understand the gravity of the situation?!" Mike said angrily.

"Yes, I do. And I couldn't care less, this is exciting!" exclaimed Kate.

"Gosh... You are more insane than Maki over there... Alright, fine. We're in," Mike facepalmed.

"Hooray!" Kate exclaimed.

This was going to be only the beginning of the things that made them reach a certain point. This is only how it started, so prepare yourselves for what's about to happen, because now is the time we really start the story.