XLVIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

Just as Steve was making his way to the helicopter, the contraptions were then disabled by none other than Tony himself in his Iron Man suit

Just as Steve was making his way to the helicopter, the contraptions were then disabled by none other than Tony himself in his Iron Man suit. Stark descends to the ground along with Rhodey.

"Wow it's so weird how you run into people at the airport, don't you think that's weird?" Tony asked as Rhodey while taking off his helmet.

"Hear me out, Tony..." Steve said gaining their attention. "That doctor—the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this," Steve stated just then T'challa comes in suited up in the black panther suit.

"Captain..." T'challa said.

"Your Highness..." Steve said nodding his head in acknowledgment.

"Anyway Ross gave me 36 hours to bring him in. That was 24 hours ago, can you help a brother out?" Tony said.

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve told.

"Your judgment is askew...your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday—" Steve cut him off.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him, can't let the doctor find them first Tony I can't..."

"Steve..." Steve turned and saw Natasha show up.

"You know what's about to happen, do you really wanna punch your way out of this one," Natasha said already knowing what Steve was thinking.

He turned back to face the three. "Alright, I ran out of patience, UNDEROOS!!" Tony called out, before he knew it Steve gets his shield snatched away and his hand restrained as a red and blue figure landed on top of a truck holding his shield.

"Nice job kid."

"Thanks, well I could've stuck the landing a little better just that the new suit—wait it's nothing Mr. Stark i-its perfect, thank you." The mystery person said.

"Yeah, we don't need to start a conversation," Tony said as the figure looked over at Steve.

"C-Captain, big fan. Spider-man," He said saluting Steve.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later just...good job," Tony said.

"You've been busy," Steve said.

"And you've been a complete idiot...dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda and Thea from a place they didn't want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep!—I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart..."

"You did that when you signed..." Steve simply said.

"Alright, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're going to come with us now! because it's US!! We've squatted jsoc guys with no compunction about being impolite..." Tony said as Steve just looked around.

"Come on..." Tony mumbled meanwhile Steve still didn't make eye contact as Sam spoke to him through his comm. "We found it. The quinjet in hanger 5 north runway."

With that being said Steve raised his webbed hands which were released by Clint's arrow.

"Alright Lang," Steve said.

"Guys something—" Spiderman was cut off as he was kicked away by Scott who now held Steve's shield.

"Wha—what the hell was that?"

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," Scott said handing Steve his shield.

"Oh great," Tony scanned the area.

"Alright there's two on the parking deck, one of them is Maximoff I'm gonna go grab her," Tony said ascending back into the air with Rhodey.

"Rhodey you wanna take Cap?"

"Got two in the terminal Wilson and Barnes," Rhodes said.

"Barnes is mine," T'challa called out running towards the location. Steve flung his shield at Rhodey before chasing after T'challa.

"Okay someone's missing..." Rhodey said.

"Thea, keep an eye out for Thea," Tony said as he shot missiles around Wanda and Clint.

Now at the moment, Thea was coming out of the shadows to find herself in the terminal. She walked further in but then heard a voice.

"Uh, Mr. Stark there is a lady here with black hair and in a cool suit...did you make that??!!"

Thea turned around locking eyes on Peter who was on top of the support beams. "Kid I need you to keep a far distance from her okay..."

"I think she's Staring at me, is she, Thea?" He asked.

"Okay, kid I'm gonna need you to be careful on this remember what we talked about..." Peter shot webs at her continuously.

"Aim for the arms and legs..." Peter mumbled to himself, but once he successfully wrapped her, Thea's suit began to glow blue energy as the Webbs that were once restraining her melted off.

"Oh no that's bad..." Before Peter went anywhere else he was then knocked down by Sam but swung back up shooting web fluid at Sam's pack making him crash down. Right, when Sam stood up Peter webbed his hands down onto a railing. "Those wings carbon fiber?" He asked.

"This stuff coming out of you?" Sam asked as Thea was in the back waving off the sticky fluid from her arms. "That would explain the rigidity flexible ratio which gotta say that's awesome—"

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before but there's usually not this much talking..." Sam said.

"Alright sorry, my bad..." Peter then swung down kicking off both Sam and Bucky who came running in. Then he threw Thea down, webbing the two and her once again to her annoyance.

"Guys look I'd like to keep this up but I've only got one job here today and I've gotta impress Mr. Stark, so I'm really sorry—" Before Peter could finish he was then hooked away by Redwing then dragged out the window.

"You couldn't have done that earlier..." Bucky said.

"I hate you," Sam replied. Just then Thea broke free of her webs. "How'd you..."

"Hot hands." Thea unenthusiastically waved her hands as she made her way to the two releasing them from the web.

"Alright, let's get going..." Sam said earning a nod from Thea but Bucky just stood staring at Thea.

Thea takes notice of this and looks over at him and raised her eyebrow at him.

"What?" She asked.

"Uh, n-nothing," He said shaking out his stare.

"It sounds so odd hearing you speak," She said tilting her head curiously before running off.

'She doesn't know...' He thought to himself before following behind her and Sam.

1016  words