𝑺𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓

SAGE POV
As Pony and the Soc named Cherry left, I talked to Johnny as Two-bit flirted with Cherry's little friend. "Where is old Dally?" Someone asked behind me, and I turned around to Tim Shepherd. "Why do you care, Tim?" I questioned.

"Because Curly has seen him slash my tires, and you were there too, so don't go off lying." Curly Shepherd is Tim's kid brother. He has been in the cooler as much as Dally has been; he wears his records like a metal, that little bastard. "I'll tell you the truth, Tim, when you catch me," I jumped over my chair, sprinted down the stairs, and ran through the entrance.

The Curtis house was a half-mile away from the drive-in. Tim could never run that far. I bet with him before just like this, and he stopped halfway; I made an easy 150 bucks that night.

I saw the street sign-up head. I looked behind me to see no one, only the darkness and the light from the streetlamps. I slowed down to a jog just in case.

The house was in sight; a Mustang pulled up next to me. "Isn't it past your bedtime, Grease!" I kept jogging as they drove right next to me. "Look, man, I'm not looking for a fight, alright,"

"Why don't we join you, sweetheart?"

I looked ahead to the house coming up, and I fasted my pace. As the car speeded up, I ran for it as the vehicle chased me down. I jumped the fence and ran through the door to Darry and Soda sitting in the living room. "Sage, what are you doing here?" Darry questioned,

"Let's start here; when Dally came to get me, he stopped to slash Tim Shepherd's tries as Curly saw him do it. Tim found the guys and me; luckily, Dal left, then I got in Tim's face, and he chased me most of the way here. I started to jog down the street as some socs came along in their Mustang, and I luckily got away." I explained as I sat down on the couch next to Soda.

"You left my kid Brother all alone at the drive-in!" Darry snapped

"I left them with Two-bit." I chuckled

"This isn't funny, Sage." Darry snapped

"Darry, calm down. I'm sure he's fine with Two-Bit. Besides, he's with Johnny; Two-Bit wouldn't do anything stupid if Johnny is there." Soda explained,

"Shut your trap!" Darry shouted; Soda got up, grabbed my hand, and pulled me to his and Pony's bedroom. I sat on his bed. He bent down in front of me; His hand rubbed my cheek gently. We looked into each other's eyes. The man I love dearly will marry a tramp and probably get heartbroken.

PONYBOY POV
Since their ride had left, we walked out of the Drive-In with Cherry and Marica. "What is your oldest brother like? I know Soda from how much you talk about him ?" Cherry asked. "What there to say? He big and builds roofs for a living," I said, "Is he loud and reckless like Soda or dreamy like you?"

"He not like Soda or not like me. He can't stand me. I bet he would stick me in a boy's home if he could, but Soda won't allow him."

"What are you saying now, kid?" Two Bit asked, "Come on, Pony, you guys get along just fine," Johnny said, "No, we don't, and you shut your trap, Johnny Cade, 'cause you not wanted at home either." I snapped at him

"Watch what you said, kid."

"I'm sorry,"

"Oh, it's alright."

A red Mustang pulled up as Cherry and Marica's boyfriends got out. "Cherry! What are you doing, just because we were a little drunk-" he was cut off,

"A little drunk, where you were passed out in the streets drunk!" She shouted,

"It doesn't mean you to go walking around with these bums." He let out,

"Who you calling bums, pal!"

"Watch it, pal; we got three more in the backseat." Two-Bit broke a glass bottle on the fence and handed it to me as he pulled out his switchblade. " Pity the backseat." holding up his blade. "Stop; we go with you," Cherry yelled.

"Why are we not scared of these bastards."

"I don't like fights," she explained and came over to me. "I'm sorry, Ponyboy, if I don't talk to you at school, don't take it personally." she pleaded. "Yeah, I know," I was sad that I couldn't talk to Cherry that much because I'm a greaser, and she is a soc.

"You're a nice boy-."

"I get it;" She gave me a small smile, and they walked over to them and got into the car as they drove away, insulting us. We started to pick up the broken pieces of glass.

WALKING HOME
We walked to Johnny's place as Two-Bit threw away Marcia's number, believing it was a phony. Finally, we made it to Johnny's house to hear his parents fighting. "Man, I hate when my parents fight," Johnny signed.

"You can come to my place."

"Yeah, let's head."

"Heading to a party. I'll see you tomorrow," Two-bit announced, walking the other way.

"See ya," we shouted and walked to my house with the lights on. It was midnight as we opened the door to Darry sitting in his chair and Soda on the couch. "Where the hell have you been,"

He slammed his newspaper on the side table beside his chair and looked at me coldly. "Johnny, Two-Bit, and I were walking from the Drive-in; Johnny's parents were fighting, so we came here, and Two-Bit went to a party."

"If I called the police, they would put you in a boy's home so fast your head would turn." A door opened before I could respond, and Soda got up and walked into the hallway. Darry sat back down as Johnny and I sat on the couch. A couple of minutes later, Sage walked over and put her shoes on. "Where are you going?" she turned around. "I'm going home."

"It's too dangerous for you to leave your stay here tonight."

"Since Johnny stays the night, I can't take Soda's and Pony's bed." Soda came walking out.

"We can share a bed, pony can sleep in Darry's chair, and Johnny can take the couch."

"Sure, Soda, I don't care if I can't sleep in my bed," I said.

"I can't do that." Sage protested,

"Yes, you are," I announced.

"Fine," rolling her eyes and walking back with Soda to our room.