𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏

SAGE POV
I was eating a piece of cake Dary brought me when he came by a couple of days ago to update me on Soda and the gang—a knock on my door. I tossed the blanket that Steve had brought me a year back. I unlocked the door to two kids. Their eyes expanded, and I knew why.

I was thin and looked like a skeleton. "My grandma told us to bring you this; somehow, this got in our mail." the girl strumbled over her words and passed me an envelope. I grinned and thanked them as they returned home; I shut the door.

MAY POV
My brother Matt and I walked to our neighbor's house as their mail was in our mailbox. We reached the door, Matt knocked, and a girl opened it. She looked sick and starved. "My grandma told us to come and bring you this; somehow, this got in our mail," I notified her and gave her the mail.

She smiled at us and thanked us. As we began to walk back home, the door shut, and we ran to Grandma's house as fast as we could. We arrived at the house; Grandma was making something.

"Grandma!" Matt shrieked; she turned around. "What is it, Matthew?" She inquired, "The girl next door is not doing okay," I said, "Come on," she ordered and yanked her boots and jacket on

We walked to the house. A car that wasn't there before was in the driveway; we walked up to the house, hearing shouting inside, "Take your anger out on me,  scream at me, hit me, hurt any way you want just to make you feel better,"

A guy shouted, "I can't; I don't want to see you in pain," the girl sobbed. My grandmother turned around and dragged us back home. She looked worried and sorry.

SAGE POV:
After The kids left, I walked to my dining room and opened the envelope to only a bill. I threw it on the table, and the front door opened up. I looked at Soda, closed the door, and rushed over. "Please," he begged, grabbed my shoulders, and looked me in the eyes; his eyes were full of grief and suffering.

"I can't, Sodapop," I admitted, nudged his hands off me, and wandered to my living room. He followed me and snatched my wrist. He stared at me with rage and urged in his eyes. "So you can keep leading me on, huh?" He kept going, "You want to keep me around your finger. That what you want?" He let out.

"NO!" I yelled at the thought of that; My temper was surging. "Take your anger out on me, scream at me, hit me, hurt any way you want just to make you feel better," he confessed, letting go of me. I looked down at the floor, and tears fell down my face. Eventually, I spoke. "I can't; I don't want to see you in pain," I uttered.

"Don't you see, I'm already in pain without you." He confessed. He got on his knees and hung onto my waist as he sobbed. "Get up, babe," I muttered; he got up and looked at me. "What am I doing?" I mumbled and kissed him. He held my face and kissed me with affection. It felt like I was glued back together all because of one kiss.

We pulled away, tears falling, but we both smiled. "What is that for?" Soda asked,

"I missed you; I can't stand to see us fight and cry anymore," I responded.

"I love you," he uttered;

"I love you too," I replied, and kissed me passionately.