𝑵𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

SODA POV
It was early morning; I woke up to the fireplace in our room. I guess someone lit it during the night. Sage moved around and wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled and kissed her head; tonight, after dinner, I'll have to drive two hours back home.

I shut my eyes and lightly sighed. The bedroom door opened; I didn't open my eyes, only listening to their footsteps. "I swear, how the hell did she get a guy like that?" a new voice spoke; I had never heard that voice before.

"Dahlia, be nice that your half-sister's boyfriend." Sage's grandma said. As they walked away and the door shut closed, my eyes opened, and I sat up. Dahlia is Sage's middle name. Sage groaned and opened her eyes. "How long were you up?" she whispered,

"Just now," I responded; we sat there for a while, holding each other. Blossom was playing with one of her toys. "we need to get around," Sage declared. She got up, looked through her bag, got her outfit, and walked into the bathroom.

I was left with Blossom. "Sage, I'm going to let Blossom out, " I called out; the bathroom door opened to her in underwear, and her shirt covered her top half. She lightly pecked me on the cheek. "Forgot to give you a morning kiss," she said and returned to the bathroom.

I smiled, picked Blossom up, and walked downstairs to everyone in the kitchen, talking and laughing, "Sodapop, good morning; where Sage?" Aunt Debbie asked, "she getting changed," I replied until I found Lexi, "Lexi, can you take Blossom outside for me." I asked, holding her.

"Yes!" she exclaimed and took Blossom out of my arms and took her outside."Put a goddamn shirt, boy, this no Playboy Magazine shoot." her grandfather sneered,

"Oh shit," I mumbled and ran upstairs.

DAHLIA POV
The boy named Sodapop ran upstairs; God, my sister, has good taste. My mom talked to my grandma about my sister until my mom pulled me towards a beautiful girl wrapped around Soda's arm.

"Sage, oh my dear, look how beautiful you are," Mom said. Sage was confused until it clicked, and she ran upstairs. Soda chased after her, calling her name.

SAGE POV
I ran upstairs and began to pack mine and Soda's stuff until he approached me, "Oh baby, I'm sorry." he whispered and hugged me tightly. I cried on his shirt; my mother found me, and she would take me away with her. I heard Grandma and her talk about it last night when I went to get a glass of water.

"I want to go home and spend Christmas with the boys." I cried on Soda's shoulder as he hugged me. "OK, baby, sit down on the bed. I'll pack our things, and we'll leave," he mumbled. I sat on the bed as Soda finished packing and changed.

I had a blanket wrapped around me, and Soda picked me up and walked downstairs; I hid my face from them. We stopped as grandma asked, "Where are you going?"

"We are going home to spend Christmas with our family," Soda said and started walking again.

As he made it outside, he opened the truck door, placed me inside, and started it. He didn't move from the driver's seat. "I'm going inside to grab our bags and Blossom. When I leave, I want you to lock the doors," he explained, shutting the door behind him, and I closed the doors from his side.

SAGE POV
I walked back inside to Alexa, who had Blossom in her hands. "Where are you going?" she asked, "Alexa, me, and Sage need to go home; I'm sorry we can't spend Christmas with you guys," I whispered. She shook her head and tried handing me Blossom,

"hold on to her, and don't let anyone take her. OK, I need to put our luggage in the car, then return to get her. Tell your sister, ok." Alexa shook her head and left to find her sister.

I walked through the kitchen, where everyone was standing there watching me. "You're leaving," Sage's mom commented; I turned around and glared at her but bit my tongue and walked upstairs. I picked up our bag as I made it down,

"I bet you he is abusing her and forcing her to leave." her grandmother whispered and looked at me. "I mean, I knew his parents. They were horrible, letting their children run around in the streets and getting jailed." her mother remarked.

When I came back to the car, my blood was boiling. I threw our bags in the car and walked back inside to get Blossom. As I got her, I walked into the kitchen. "Just to let you know, I don't abuse or force Sage to do anything, and my parents are fucking dead, bitch." I snapped and, walking to the door, slammed it shut as I left.

I set Blossom on Sage's lap and started to back out of the driveway as I lit a cigarette, "I'm sorry, I'm making you drive back home." Sage crooked; I looked at her and parked the car on the street. "Oh darling, you have nothing to be sorry for. I should have never talked you into coming." I whispered, pulling her and Blossom on my lap. We sat there hugging each other as she cried.