𝑫𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕

SAGE POV
It has been a week since Soda and I broke up. Luckily, the owner of the DX had me work on weekends with the same salary and off on weekdays. I haven't spoken to Soda, and it kills me; I can't sleep at night; I wonder what he is doing without me now.

The gang would visit except Sodapop. He didn't even try to run after me; I took down any photo of Soda and me or only Soda. They were now under my bed in a suitcase hidden away. All the gifts he gave me were in the bag with the photos: everything but the ring.

I tugged it off my finger and looked at it. Something caught my eye. Under the ban of the ring "Sodapop+Sage." he engraved our names in the ring he supposed he would give his ex-girlfriend. A tear rolled down my cheek. I needed him back. He was my medicine for my depression; he kept me going daily.

SODA POV
I lay in bed, my pillow soaked in tears; I hadn't seen her in a week. The gang would visit her, saying she didn't look or act like herself. It breaks me. All I want is to have her in my arms again.

I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to see Darry cooking breakfast; I sighed, got into the ice box, and poured myself a glass of chocolate milk.

"Hey, Soda, what do you want for Christmas?" Darry raised a question, flipping an egg. I sighed and walked over to him.

"All I like for Christmas is to have my girl back, Darry," I explained,

"Soda, perhaps if you go to her place and try speaking to her."

"She won't listen to me; she only thinks I'm lying." Darry placed the eggs on a plate, "I don't know what to tell you," he said, wiping his hands off a towel and walking over to the stairs, shouting for Pony to come down to eat his breakfast.

AFTER BREAKFAST
It was snowing as I strolled down the street, "why am I doing this?" I thought to myself. Darry and I didn't have work because of the snow and no school for Pony.

I appeared at Sage's house and stood in front of the house. My knuckles hit the stiff door. The door opened to a girl I couldn't ignore; she was bony, her face like a skeleton, and her gaze was gloomy and full of grief. It smashed my heart.

"What do you want, Sodapop?" Her voice didn't sound the same. Her voice was awful and raspy like she had been sobbing for hours. My hand lightly touched her face as if I held her too long, she would break into pieces.

Tears slid down my reddened cheeks, "Oh, Sage. My beautiful Sage." I cried; she wrapped her arms around me and cried. "I-I- need-yo-you." she sobbed in my shoulder; it broke my heart. I walked inside.

She hugged me like she had let go, and I would disappear. She sobbed and apologized so many times that it made me sick. "Shhhh, Sage Baby, I'm not leaving; you're safe," I mumbled as I rubbed her messy hair.

"I missed you; I cried more every time I thought of you because you keep me together." She stared at me, tears falling on her skin, and I started to cry with her. I could feel her ribs whenever I held her; she looked tired and sick. Every time I shifted a little, she held on to me tighter.

"Sage, let me explain, please," I begged; she perked up, wiping her tears, shaking her head yes. 

*flashback*
At the DX, Steve and Sage worked on a car in the garage; Soda counted cash at the counter. As the doorbell rang, Sodapop looked up to the woman he never wanted to see again. His ex-girlfriend, Sandy Knox. Her blonde hair was shorter than before, and her stomach had grown since pregnancy.

She came over to Soda; he froze, shocked that she was back and not in Florida with her grandparents. "Soda, baby!" Sandy exclaimed. Soda dropped the coins on the counter. Sandy walked closer and came behind the counter.

Soda spun to look at her, trapped between the counter and his ex-girlfriend. "I miss you, Sodapop," Sandy whispered, playing with Soda's shirt. She proceeded with her sentence. "I think I'm going to move back up here, and we can get married and raise this child together like it's your own." Sandy finished her sentence, smiling at Soda as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"This didn't feel right." Soda thought to himself. Soda attempted to push her off gently until Sandy brought her lips to Soda. At this point, Sage had walked through the garage door. She saw her boyfriend and his ex kissing. Her heart sank as he put his hands on her waist. "I thought we had something Sodapop, but I was wrong," Sage announced and darted out of DX.
*end of flashback*

"I'm sorry; I never wanted to see her again ever since we got together," I confessed; the tears I held back slipped from my eyes. She wiped them and hugged me. "Oh, Sodapop, what are you doing to me," she muttered on my shoulder.

I lightly smiled and draped my arms around her tightly. "I could say the same." She perked up and grinned; we stared at each other, and our smiles vanished. "Be mine again, Sage," I asked quietly; she looked away.

"Soda, I can't; I need to think about that," she whispered, my eyes filled with tears.

"Remember that I'm going to wait for you, Sage, I promise," I told her.

SAGE POV
He lifted me off his lap and placed me on the couch. I sat there watching as he stood up and pecked my forehead. "Please eat something," he asked and stepped outside to the cold, snowy wind. I only wished I had begged him to stay with me. I looked out the window, watching him stroll away.