𝑨𝒔𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒐𝒏𝒚

SAGE POV
I walked back into the boy's room And looked for something to wear until I returned to my place; the door opened to Soda walking in.

"What are you looking for?"

"Something to wear back to my house."

"Just wear my clothes."

"You get them, and then I have no clue where they are." He walked over to their dresser, pulled some clothes, passed them, and walked out. I got changed and walked out to the living room. Johnny came over to me, "Hey, Johnny," I said; he looked at me and smiled, "Hey Sage," He smiled,

"I want you to meet someone." I got up and pulled him over to Ash. "Ash, this is Johnny Cade; he is Ponyboy's best friend; Johnny is Steve's cousin, Ash," I said.

"It's nice to meet you, Johnny," Ash said.

"Nice to meet you too, Ash," he smiled at her and went to find Pony.

"You only got two more to meet," She smiled and laughed. "You only have to meet Darry tonight or tomorrow; you probably meet Dally in two days."

"Sage, can I come with you to your house."

"Sure, but If Steve says it, ok first."

"Ok"

We walked into the dining room to Soda and Steve playing poker. "Steve, can I go with Sage to her place before the rodeo?" She asked, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Yeah, you can, but be safe and listen to Sage." He said, not taking his eyes off his cards.

"Thanks!" She shouted, jumping up and down. I walked to Soda. "What time are you picking me up?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Probably around five since it's three right now."

"Ok, bye," I said and kissed his cheek. It wasn't anything weird to us; we have been doing that since we were only five years old. Ash and I put our shoes on and headed out the door.

"Are you and Soda dating?"

"No, why do you think that."

"You kissed him on the cheek; you're wearing his clothes."

"We kiss each other on the cheek as friends; we have been doing it since we were little. Besides, he has a girlfriend."

"Do you like him?"

"You can not tell anyone this, and I mean it, Ash."

"I promise I won't tell."

"When I came back here two years ago, Soda got more handsome, and he is a great boyfriend martial. Knowing him for so long made me catch feelings for him."

"Why don't you tell him?"

"He loves his girlfriend too much; he thinks she is his soulmate or something, but the girl is a slut and probably is cheating on him. In different relationships, she has cheated before, and I don't want to see my Sodapop hurt."

Finally, we made it to my house, and I unlocked the door and walked inside. My house was not too big or too small, and It was the perfect size for me. We walked down the hallway to my bedroom.

"Take a seat on my bed."

She walked over to my bed and sat down.

"What are you wearing to the rodeo?"

"Probably an Elvis Presley shirt With a pair of black jeans."

"You like Elvis?"

"Yeah, my favorite song by him can't help falling in love."

"Just like you did with Soda."

"Hilarious, Ash."

"Please, I stay here a year. I got you and Soda together."

"You can try all you want, but I doubt you will." We talked as I got around, it was now 4:58, and there was a knock on my door. I opened it to Soda and Steve. "Well, don't you look nice?" Soda commented as they walked in.

We put on our shoes and grabbed my house keys."You guys ready?" Steve asked; we all shook heads, and we walked out. I locked my door, got in Steve's car, and headed to Curtis's house so Ash could stay with Pony and Darry.

ASH POV
We got to Soda's house so I could stay with Pony and Darry When they went to the rodeo. I walked into Pony and Johnny and a guy smoking a cigarette. Steve walked in behind me and nodded his head towards the kitchen. As we walked in, a tall, muscular man was cooking.

"Darry, this is my cousin, Ash; she has been staying with me and my dad for a year," Steve explained. He turned around and held out his hand. "Darrel Curtis, but you can call me Darry. Pony and Soda are my kid brothers." I shook his hand. "Ash Rose, I'm from North Carolina," I said; he nodded and looked at Steve.

"Dally got bailed out today."

"By who?"

"Tim Shepherd."

"Dally wants to get out of there to cause more trouble."

"You're not wrong," Steve said and started walking out to the living room, and I followed and walked up to the guy smoking. "What up, bloody nose." Steve rolled his eyes. "Dal, this is my cousin Ash Rose from North Carolina." He said. The guy looked over at me and smirked. "I'm Dallas Winston, and you can call me Dally or Dal." He said, leaning in closer until Steve pulled me back.

"Back off, Dal," Steve warned Dallas's chuckle and got up. "I best be leaving. Johnny man, want to join; see you guys around." He said, Johnny said bye, walked out with Dallas, and let it slam shut, "I better get going; I'll see you later." I shook my head and sat down next to Pony as Steve walked out and left.

"You want to go to my room?"

"Sure."

We got up and walked down the hall. We walked into a bedroom with clothes thrown around and pictures hung up. One was eight little kids aged 10, 12, and 14. "Who are the kids?" I questioned, "That's the gang and me."

"And this one?" I pointed up a picture of a boy and girl petting a horse, "That's Soda and Sage when Soda owned a horse named Mickey Mouse."

"Does he still have Mickey Mouse?"

"No, Mickey Mouse was sold to someone. The horse wasn't even Soda's, but if you looked at how Mickey and Soda got along, you would think that's his horse."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's ok."

"How old are you, Pony?"

"Fourteenth, what about you?"

"I'm thirteen; I turn fourteen on May 23."

"I turn fifteen this July 22."

"When is the rest of the gang's birthday?"

"Soda's is October 8, turning seventeen; Johnny is March 1, turning seventeen; Dallas is November 9, turning eighteen; Darry is January 5, turning twenty-one; Steve is April 15, also turning eighteen; Two-Bit is June 20, turning nineteen. Sage is September 17, turns seventeen."

"That's a lot of birthdays to celebrate."

"It is, and a lot of chocolate cake to make." We both laughed and looked into each other's eyes, and his eyes were a beautiful green with a hint of grey; I always wanted grey or green eyes. I have dark brown eyes that mostly look more black than brown.

I thought they looked ugly. He looked like a bit of Soda if you look long enough. Pony's smile was the kind that got you all giddy like a little schoolgirl. He was taller than me, about an inch or two. He wasn't as muscular as Darry and Dally. But, he had a little build like Soda.