𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑷𝑻.7

SAGE POV
It has been five days since my dad and his family stayed next door. Tomorrow, the gang and I are heading back home. I love the lake house, but next door is not that nice with my father. I wasn't sure what Soda and I were right now.

He would flirt with me and act like a boyfriend; I perhaps ask him later. I was changing into different clothing, and Soda and I would walk to a lake. I finished putting on an earring and strolled downstairs to everyone, chatting and laughing. I stepped down the last step as the gang watched me. Soda got up and held his arm out as I fastened around his.

"We will be back soon." Then, Soda mentioned, they waved goodbye as we opened the entrance and walked out into the cool November air.

Sage outfit:

Soda outfit:

Soda outfit:

We strolled down the dirt road to the lake in silence; it wasn't an awkward silence, more of a comfortable silence

We strolled down the dirt road to the lake in silence; it wasn't an awkward silence, more of a comfortable silence. The sound of the waves came to my ears. I dashed down the road toward the lake, leaving Soda behind.

Only a nice-looking Mustang sat in the parking lot. I rushed towards the water; Soda was sprinting after me. A family of four was seated at the table, eyeing me as I ran down to the water.

"Don't get in that water; I don't think you want to get sick on our drive home," Soda shouted. I spun and smiled at him, and ran past him. Soda ran after me. I jumped on the playground, climbed up to a covered area he couldn't see, and began searching for me.

Tiny giggles, I held back from how he couldn't find me. I took off as he followed me until we stopped on the dock and looked at each other; we pulled each other in for a kiss. Then, as we drew away, Soda grinned.

"What?" I questioned,

"You're something else; you know that."

"That makes me different from others, and I'm happy about that."

"Sage?" a man's voice questions; we looked over at the man who was my father with his family right behind him. I gasped and moved away from Soda and stared at them. "Who is this handsome boy?" My father-daughter, Bella, asked a hint of jealousy before me.

Soda wrapped his arms around my shoulder and smirked at Bella. We walked away as I tilted my head back, winked, and waved at them. Then, as I looked forward, I placed my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me, picked me up, and carried me home.

"Soda?"

"Yeah,"

"Do you regret what happened that night?" He sighed and let me down; I looked at him as he grabbed my hands. I was scared of what he was going to say. I was mentally preparing for rejection.

Soda pov:
I had wanted to spill all my feelings for months, but I feared her rejection. I grabbed her hands as she looked up; I couldn't help but smile. I would tell her how I felt. "Sage, I don't regret anything.

Since that night, I wanted to tell you that you are the girl of my dreams; I have loved you since Pony's birthday. When I was with Sandy, I only thought about you. Everything I did with her, I wished I had it with you. I love you, Sage Dahlia Miller." I confessed and looked at her as a smile grew on her face.

"I love you too, Sodapop Patrick Curtis," she replied. I lifted her and kissed her passionately. We pulled away as I let her down and began walking home. "How are we supposed to tell the gang?" Sage questioned,

"We just give hints until they put the piece together; besides, I like to get a little challenge."

"Of course you do, Pepsi-Cola." We joked and chatted until we reached the front porch; we entered the house with a bucket of water on us. Laughter Irrupt in the room from everyone, including Darry, shocked me because Darry would tell them no.

Sage pov:
"Something is going on between you guys, and I'm going to find out what the hell you two are hiding," Two-bit slurred; he took a drink of his beer. Soda and I gave hints about us; they would give us questioning looks. Finally, we all laughed at Two. I got up and went to the kitchen for another glass of water. Footsteps followed me to Dallas.

"What you want, Dal,"

"What up with you and Sodapop?"

"Nothing. Why?" I asked; he chuckled. "you guys have been acting differently ever since you came back." he replied. I rolled my eyes and walked past him as I hit his shoulder.

I sat back next to Soda as he wrapped his arm around me; I held my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, listening to their stories and music. Ash fell asleep around 10; it was just the gang and me. Soon, I fell into a deep sleep.

Soda pov:
We decided to head to bed; I picked Sage up and carried her to my bedroom. Ash fell asleep there, and I think I wouldn't like to wake up to us sleeping together; I lay down with her. I didn't need to change because we all got to change around 10. My eyes soon shut as I lay there, and I fell into a deep slumber.