𝑫𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

SAGE POV
We all waited outside for Soda to finish, "I swear to god, I'm freezing." Dakota commented, "Sage can take you to get a jacket inside and check up on Soda," I sighed, and we entered the house. "Sit down; I will be back," I said and walked upstairs.

I opened Soda's and Pony's room without knocking. I walked into a shirtless Sodapop, "Ever heard of knocking dollface." Soda smooth talked. I leaned on the now-closed door as he walked over to me, came closer, and caged me in the door with his arms. "Come on, Soda, everyone is waiting on you, and the next-door neighbors are having dinner with us, and I need to get one of them a jacket," I explained;

He ignored me and came closer as I laid my hands on his bare chest to give us space. I smelled his minty breath; I couldn't Focus on anything else, only his icy blue eyes.

SODA POV
I don't know what came over me; to have her this close to me was intoxicating. All I wanted was to understand what was so special about her, where she was the only thing that raced through my mind every night, lying awake in bed as Pony slept peacefully.

I ignored her as she explained the dinner situation; I came closer as she mentioned giving something to the neighbors. With that light hazel hint, I looked into her dark, doe-green eyes. She was such a beauty. She looked at me innocently even though I knew she was not so innocent behind those eyes.

"Soda, come on," she whined; I pushed myself off her, grabbed my shirt, and put it on. "Come on," I held her hand, "Soda, I need a jacket or something to give the boy." She commented. "Fine," I groaned, walked over to the closet, pulled out an old sweatshirt, and handed it to her.

We walked downstairs to a boy as Sage walked over to him. "Here you go, Dakota," she said and gave him the sweater. He grabbed the sweatshirt, smiled at her, and looked at me as his eyes darkened.

We walked outside to the car and hopped in. The ride in the bed was quiet since the speed Darry was going by the wind was too noisy. As we pulled into the Dingo, we all jumped out. Only Sage and Ash had to lift out of the trunk bed since Sage almost broke an ankle when jumping out a little too hard. We walked inside;

The Dingo was barely crammed because the drive-in showed six horror movies tonight. "How many?" A girl asked As she twirled her black curly hair on her finger. "Elven," Darry replied; she grabbed menus and showed us to our booth, "My name is Kendell; let me know if you need anything."

I sat on the end; Sage sat next to me. I wrapped my arm around Sage's shoulder as she leaned her head on my shoulder. Some minutes passed, and the waitress came back. "Are you ready to place your drinks? Let's start with you." She pointed her pen at Dakota as he started.

Pony finished ordering his drink, "This beautiful girl and I will take two cokes." I declared. From all the times the gang and I had come to the Dingo. Sage and I would pretend to date to get the waitress not to hit on me.

We chatted and got to know Daniel and Dakota. I laughed with Steve until I felt a small point on my shoulder; I looked down at Sage.

"you ok, Baby?" I asked

"I need to use the lady's room."

"Oh, of course." I helped her up gently as she walked to the restroom. "She a fine gal, you got there, boy," Daniel commented, "you're pretty lucky to find a girl like that." I grinned at Daniel's statement, "Luckiest man in Tusla, Oklahoma." I joked and took a coke drink as Dakota glared at me.

DAKOTA POV
We all sat there talking; the waitress could get our orders as Soda knew what Sage wanted. Here are my thoughts on this Soda guy; he is handsome and has a reckless, funny personality. However, he would probably protect Sage with all his heart from how he treats his gang members when they try to flirt with her.

The gang was too loud and wild for me to handle; most would catcall or flirt with the waitress or talk so loud that people would look over at us. They would also make inappropriate jokes about girls they had seen walking down a street, in a shop, or when working.

Dad regretted agreeing to dinner with them as they sat there talking and laughing. I wondered why Dad would go to dinner with these greasers on earth.