↳ 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝘽𝙤𝙮 𝙋𝙩. 2

Megumi blew out the candles of his cake, and everyone got a slice. It was delicious, but you already knew since your mother made the cake. You and Mr. Fushiguro ate in a secluded area, since the kids didn't want adults anywhere near; you still watched them though since it's never a good idea to leave kids unsupervised.

After the kids were finished they were rushing to go upstairs, but first they felt as if they needed permission. Of course they would send the birthday boy to ask permission, since it would be hard to say no to him. Little Megumi came up to you and Mr. Fushiguro, who were quietly eating the cake.

"Mom, can we go upstairs?" Megumi asked. He hadn't noticed the mistake yet, and neither of you were going to correct him, even though Mr. Fushiguro's eyes got wide.

"Are you all finished?" You asked back and he nodded. "I don't see a problem then, have fun."

"Thank you." Megumi smiled and kissed your cheek. You grabbed his wrist before he could go which confused him.

"I forgot, I bought you something." You stood up and walked to your room to grab the gift you had bought for him. It was placed on the middle of your bed, so you didn't have to look too much for it. You grabbed it and walked back out to give him the gift.

"Thank you!" He took the gift from your hands. He tried to decipher what was inside without opening it. He shook the box to confirm what he was thinking, but he failed miserably. What could the gift probably be?

"You all are free to go upstairs." You told them and they were quick to make their way up the stairs. Megumi stood behind for a second before taking his wrapped gift and running upstairs with them.

Once they were out of sight, a long sigh escaped your lips as you looked at the mess you had to clean up. Mr. Fushiguro was being awfully nice, since he began helping you. He began picking up trash, while you put away all the food. The atmosphere was kind of awkward since before you could hear more about this alleged affair, you were cut off by the kids coming down. Now there was much to talk about.

"I hope you throw me a party like this for my birthday, Y/N." He joked, making you chuckle.

"Just tell me the date, and I'll do it." You responded.

"The 31st."

"Of what? This month?" You answered, kind of shocked. Then again you shouldn't be. Adults don't usually talk as much about their birthdays because it's a reminder that they're getting old.

"Yep." He continued helping you, while you silently began washing the dishes. Now you wondered if you should give him a gift or not. Or maybe ask your mother to make him a cake. You were so unsure of what you had to do. Either way he didn't have the right to be mad if you got him anything or not, since you were just the nanny.

You pushed the thought out of your mind, since it was pointless to worry about things like that. He wouldn't fire you if you didn't give him a gift, plus what could you possibly get him.

When he finished picking up the trash, he looked around for something else to do but there was nothing else. He excused himself and walked upstairs to try and go to bed early.

You ended cleaning, and did the same.

-

It was around 2 AM, and you couldn't sleep. You didn't know if you were worried that the kids might burn the house down or if there was just something in the air. You ended up standing up and walking out of your room to snack on something.

To your surprise the TV was turned on, showing some old war movie. You looked over at the couch and found a shirtless Mr. Fushiguro, who looked done with life as he stared at the screen. You knew you couldn't sneak past him, and you wouldn't enter your room again until you got a snack.

"What are you watching?" You spoke up which startled him. He exhaled when he noticed it was just you. He patted the space next to him, and you walked over to sit down.

"I just stuck with whatever they were showing on the TV." He shrugged. He looked over at you and raised his eyebrows. "Can't sleep?"

"No, I see you have the same problem." You responded.

"Those brats are goddamned loud. Shit, they don't even let me think." He answered, a clear annoyed tone in his voice. He turned his attention back to the TV, meanwhile you kept looking at him. One thing that came up to your mind was Mrs. Fushiguro.

"Hey, Mr. Fushiguro-" You began and he hummed, turning his attention back to you. You fidgeted your fingers before speaking up again. "About that the affair that you-"

"Forget it." He cut you off. "I have no idea why the fuck I told you that. You probably don't believe me anyways."

Mr. Fushiguro had a reason to lie, but that just seemed too real. The affair made so much sense. You even felt bad for him, but couldn't help but wonder why he stayed.

"You must really love her." You commented.

"Huh?" He looked extremely confused.

"You're staying with her after all, usually people leave." You explained.

"Yeah... But what else can I do?" He asked and you bit your tongue. You weren't going to suggest for him to leave her. He grabbed your hand and placed it over his exposed chest, making your face warm. The intention was his heart but that didn't make the fact that he was shirtless any different. "It breaks my heart but living without her would be so hard."

"I'm sorry." You tried to take your hand back, but he had a tight grasp on it. He finally let go and you stared at him for a while. You definitely felt bad for him. You weren't sure if he actually loved her, but he didn't deserve to get cheated on.

"I'm sorry, I just haven't told anyone." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "It's just nice to have someone who knows."

"It's fine! I'll gladly listen." You placed your hand on his shoulder and quickly removed it when you noticed what you were doing. He looked away from your gaze, and sighed.

"I just never thought she would do something like that to us. It has been going for nearly a year or so." He looked back at you, looking for some sort of comfort. And there he saw it, pity in your eyes as you listened to his story.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Fushiguro. I know what I experienced in high school doesn't even begin to compare but I just remember how bad I felt. You must be going through so much worse." You shared. He brought his hand up to your face and began caressing your cheek with the back of his hand.

"You know how bad it feels to get cheated on. Circumstances are a bit different, but you know that feeling." His words were captivating you. They made you shift your attention from the fact that his thumb was tracing over your lips. His words were so hypnotizing that your gaze fell to his moving lips instead of his vicious gaze.

"You understand how I feel, Y/N."