↳ 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙀𝙫𝙚

"Gumi, baby, it's time to go to bed." You told the child for like the tenth time. Tsumiki was already sound asleep, but Megumi refused. It was Christmas Eve and he had a mission.

"I want to see the fat man's reindeers." He argued, crossing his arms. He was determined to see the reindeers, so he wouldn't listen to anybody. You sighed as he spoke again, "I also want to see if he actually has a white beard."

"Gumi-" You began, trying to explain to him that Santa Claus didn't want to be seen by any children, but you had failed to notice someone behind you. He cleared his throat, crossed his arms and looked down at the child; that alone made Megumi scared.

"I know you want to see him but he doesn't want to see your ugly face. Now go up to your bedroom, get changed and go to bed." Mr. Fushiguro spoke. Megumi would've been obedient but the fact that he got called ugly annoyed him. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his dad.

"People usually tell me I look like you, so if I'm ugly, what does that make you?" He asked his dad, and both of you were in disbelief. You held back a laugh as you tried to get him to go to bed. He finally gave in and went to his bedroom.

After tucking him in, you went back downstairs. Mr. Fushiguro had bought lots of presents and he needed help putting them under the tree. He showed you where he kept them all hidden, so you helped him bring them out. You both stayed quiet while doing so.

"I think that's it." You said, as you looked at the huge Christmas tree with a bunch of presents under it. They really went all out; or at least he, who was the one who bought all the presents.

"Thank you so much for your help, Y/N." He placed his hand on your shoulder. You looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

Mr. Fushiguro didn't look like the most festive person. You would've even assumed that he needed to go out to work since he wore a white button-up shirt, along with some black slacks. Now something that was different tonight, was the fact that he wore a Santa Claus hat. You found it adorable, but of course you wouldn't dare to comment on it.

"I do apologize for making you stay here tonight." He repeated for the third time that night.

"Again, it's fine. I don't mind!" You reassured him, again. You walked towards the kitchen with the intention of eating some of the chocolate chip cookies the kids put out earlier in the night. You in fact had made the cookies with them, and when you wanted a taste they were quick to slap your hand away. You held up the cookies making sure Mr. Fushiguro had seen them. "These are good. You should try them!"

He was quick to walk over and grab one into his hand. He took a big bite and chewed on the cookie. He liked it, so of course he grabbed another. In the middle of chewing, he began speaking. "Don't you think it's kind of unfair how they get a bunch of gifts and we only get cookies and some milk."

"I didn't spend a penny, so right now it doesn't seem unfair to me." You responded and he chuckled.

"You're right, but you did have to place like half of those gifts under the tree. You'll understand if you become a mother, though." He patted your head before walking over to the couch to sit down. One thing that you had noticed was that he had become touchy after Megumi's birthday. You didn't have any negative feelings about it, so you didn't comment on it.

You looked at the time, and it was still pretty early. You weren't tired since you got used to dealing with kids, and usually at this time they had the most energy. Perhaps you could watch a movie or something along those lines.

"Y/N, could you do me a favor?" Mr. Fushiguro asked and you walked over to the couch.

"What is it?" You responded.

"Could you grab an ibuprofen from my office, I have a major headache." He requested, and you were confused. The house was huge, and many rooms remained unexplored by you, so you had no idea he had an office.

"Actually there's some in the kids bathroom-" You began but cut yourself off since it was especifically for kids. Last time you checked there wasn't any in your room. "Where's your office?"

"Third door to the left. It's in the second drawer of the desk." He pointed at the little hallway your room was in. You were honestly surprised since you had never found Mr. Fushiguro near that area. You nodded and you walked to his office. Once you thought you got the right door, you twisted the doorknob, and pushed the door.

It was a big office with a couple of bookshelves, covering the walls. A big desk with a chair in the middle, and in the wall behind the desk was a big window that gave a great view to the backyard. You felt silly for not noticing it earlier. You didn't spend too much time staring, instead you walked over to the desk to find Mr. Fushiguro his medicine. When you walked over you noticed a tiny box, wrapped with the same paper that was used on the kids' gifts. You tried to ignore it, but the golden bow that was on it caught your attention. You read the little tag that was on it, and it read "For My Wife". You felt your heart drop when you read that. You couldn't feel worse for that man, and you somehow did. The only thing you could do was console him, since his partner wasn't around to be with him on the holiday.

You knocked yourself back into reality, and tried your best to push the pity you felt for him, away from your mind. You were there to get him his ibuprofen, which was in the second drawer. Now he had forgotten to tell you on which side. You looked for it on the left side, first but instead found a bunch of paperwork. Then on the right side, and there it was. You grabbed the bottle and were about to close the drawer but another golden bow caught your eye. You shouldn't have been snooping around but you wanted to see what it was. You looked for a tag, and found it. The tag read your name though.

You put the gift down and assumed that perhaps he had a friend or family member with the same name; you weren't going to take the gift, since it would show that you were snooping around and there was the possibility it wasn't for you. A faint knock on the door and Mr. Fushiguro opening it, startled you.

"Did you find it?" He asked and you nodded as you walked over to give him the bottle. He clicked his tongue before chuckling. "I was talking about the gift, but thank you."

He walked over to the desk and grabbed the gift that was on it, with the intention of giving it to you but then he read the tag and his eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I must've put the wrong one out."

He searched for the other gift he had bought, and after a bit he found it in the second drawer. He grabbed the item he had bought for you, and placed the one he had bought for his wife in the second drawer. He walked towards you, holding up the little box that was wrapped. He gave it to you and you were hesitant to unwrap it, since he had done such a nice job with it. You unwrapped it though, which revealed a matte black box. You wondered what was in there, even though you had an idea.

He attentively watched as you lifted the cover of the black box. The box revealed a beautiful white gold necklace with a pearl in the middle. You smiled and looked up at him. "Thank you Mr. Fushiguro, it's a beautiful necklace."

"Please, call me Toji." He insisted. "Would you like to try it on?"

You nodded and gave him the box, so he could help you. You turned around and he took the necklace, placing it around your neck. He struggled a bit but he got it. You turned around and asked him, "How does it look?"

"It looks great, Y/N. Simply amazing." He complimented. You didn't know why but you felt your cheeks warm up. You avoided eye contact and thanked him. He cleared his throat and looked embarrassed, "I assume you were confused as you read that tag. I'm sorry, I swore I put the right gift out."

"It's okay Mr.- Toji. If anything I'm sorry about what's happening." You responded. Your heart ached for him. He had formed a family with the woman, yet she was having an affair. You could only assume he felt so alone. You felt the odd need to console him. Neither of you expected for you to wrap your arms around him, but you did it. What you expected even less was the fact that he hugged you back.

"Thank you, I really needed that." He said as you pulled away.

"You deserve better." You told him and he fought back a smirk.

"Better? Like who?" He placed his thumb and index finger under your chin. He forced you to look up at him.

"Are you better, Y/N?"