↳ 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮

Continuing normally with your day was hard. Mrs. Fushiguro wasn't really pestering you to talk, but her husband, on the other hand, didn't want to leave you alone. You were just trying to take care of their children but he kept wanting to talk. You had told him millions of times to leave you alone but he wouldn't listen.

He wouldn't leave you alone until you tucked the children in and locked yourself in your room. He had been debating if he should go to the trouble of bothering you, or just leaving you alone. But he ended up going back to his room since he knew you wouldn't talk to him.

There was a knock on your door in the middle of the night and you were ready to cuss him out. When you opened the door you were met by a much younger Fushiguro. He held a frog plush, and was quick to push you out of the way to enter the room.

He had been upset all day and you hadn't even bothered to ask since you were too caught up in your own world. And now that he had entered your room, you could only feel guilty. No one had checked up on him, even though he was clearly upset. It was your job to check, and yet you had failed which made you feel incompetent.

He laid down on your bed, and turned to his side. You closed the door before walking over to him. You sat down and began to rub his back. You stayed quiet for a minute before asking, "How do you feel about the new baby?"

He stayed quiet. You knew he wasn't asleep. You knew little Megumi and he wouldn't fall asleep so fast. He needed to tell someone, because you knew that keeping things bottled up wasn't good. "It's okay if they're not positive feelings, Gumi. Sometimes we just can't control our emotions, and that's absolutely alright. What's not okay is keeping things bottled up, even if the emotions are negative."

"Tsumiki is just so excited, and I just feel bad." He finally spoke. He turned to look at you, and you gave him a smile.

"And that's normal. You're not Tsumiki, it'd be weird if you shared the same emotions as her with every news you receive. You're two completely different human beings, and what makes her happy might not make you happy." You explained, and he nodded. You still had yet to hear what worried him, and you wanted to reassure him. But you didn't want to push him to tell you either.

"I'm here if you want to talk." You smiled at him, and he sat up. He confided in you. You were probably the only person in the house he trusted.

"I don't know... I just don't like Mrs. Fushiguro and I don't want her to carry my little sibling." He confessed. He tilted his head and asked, "Why can't you do it?"

"Well- Uhm... that's something that can only happen between married couples." You stuttered over your words. It was never a requirement for you to give the child "the talk" so you were going to keep the information as minimal as possible for the time being.

"Why can't you marry my dad, then?" He questioned and you just gave him a small smile and blinked. You wished life could be as simple as that. You ruffled his disheveled hair, making it even more messy.

"Because Mrs. Fushiguro and your dad love each other, and I don't have any type of romantic feelings towards your dad." Lies.

"What feelings do you have towards him?" The curious child continued.

"Those of respect." Lies.

"Oh, alright." The child nodded before laying his head back on the pillow.

"Good night, Gumi." You said as you put the blanket under his chin.

"Good night, Y/N." He replied. "Love you."

"Love you too, Gumi." You kissed his temple before getting under the blankets as well.

You were planning on crying yourself to sleep tonight, but those plans changed. That child made you so happy, you didn't know what you would do without him.

-

He had been fighting the urge of going to your room all night. He had tried to entertain himself in many different ways, but his mind kept going back to you. His wife had fallen asleep, and he just couldn't help himself. He found himself in front of your bedroom door, and he hesitated before knocking.

As to be expected, there was no response. He knocked again, however, and once again there was no response. He sighed and stared at the doorknob. Either you had fallen asleep or you didn't want to open the door. It was a complete violation of privacy/boundaries to enter without your permission but he was so tempted. He ended up opening the door.

To his surprise, he found you with your arm wrapped around his son. You both were apparently in deep slumber, since his knocking hadn't woken you up. There was a tug on his heartstrings as he continued staring.

He walked over to his son's side, and pressed a gentle kiss on his temple. He walked over to your side and did the same with you. He continued staring.

He didn't know if you were a light or heavy sleeper, but that didn't really matter to him as he sat on the small space of the bed that you didn't take up. Luckily enough, there was no reaction from you. His hand found its way to your cheek, and he gently caressed it.

"What have I done?" He muttered. He then looked at his son who was comfortably sleeping between your arms. You were the mom that Megumi didn't have, and anyone could see that.

Both of the children loved you. But Megumi loved you more, and was more attached to you. Because, unlike Tsumiki, he didn't have a maternal figure in his life. Of course, that doesn't take away the fact that Tsumiki adored you as if you were her second mother.

But the children weren't the only ones attached. Toji was just so drawn to you, and it was something that he couldn't explain no matter how hard he tried. He was hurt after all that went down that day, and there was only one explanation in his mind. After nearly seven months of being with you, he had figured it out.

He brought his lips down to your cheek to press a gentle kiss before whispering, "I love you."

He sat for another minute, before deciding to stand up. He walked over towards the door, and before leaving he slightly turned his head to look at the scene that was right there. He had a small smile, but at the same time he held back tears. He finally walked out, knowing that if he stared for another minute he'd begin crying.

When the door shut, your eyes were quick to open. You hoped you were dreaming, but you could tell the difference between a dream and reality.

You looked at the child in front of you, and he couldn't fix the problem. You wanted to cry, and even the fact that he was there couldn't stop you. You let go and walked over to the bathroom, to fix the problem quietly.

There was no other thing that you could do. He confessed, and if you were to tell him that you were awake and felt the same, it wouldn't fix anything. His wife was pregnant, and no amount of love could solve that. You had to suck up your feelings, and continue doing the job that you were hired to do.

"Nobody told you to start messing with a married man, Y/N." You murmured as you looked at your face in the mirror. "This is your own fucking fault."