↳ 𝘿𝙤𝙘𝙩𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙨

"Then why don't you just leave?" His words lingered in your mind after leaving the doctor's office. You had no idea why.

Maybe it was because the previous day your boss bugged you to make an appointment. While making said appointment, the children yelled in the background which made everything much harder. But moments like those brought you some type of joy that made it difficult to leave.

They were somewhat your family. For seven months they have been the people you've most seen and spent time with. You knew that it would be difficult to leave, so you would choose to stay.

"Hey, did the doctor tell you something's wrong?" Toji asked as he sat down beside you on the couch. You weren't on speaking terms, but you knew he was worried.

"Not yet. They did some blood work and they'll call me in a few hours. I'm probably fine." You reassured him, and he nodded. You both stayed quiet, while you watched the show Megumi had put on the large screen. You weren't even sure what it was about, but it looked kid friendly so you let him watch it. Tsumiki didn't like it so she went upstairs.

The little girl came back, though. She came back empty handed. You expected her to hold a toy or something, since she had called the show boring. You looked at her in confusion, as she crossed her arms.

"What's wrong, baby?" You asked the child, who let out a sigh.

"I'm so bored. There's nothing to do." She complained, which made you tilt your head.

"You have a lot of toys, why don't you play with them." You suggested which made her shake her head.

"They're for kids." She commented, which made both you and Toji laugh.

"You're a kid." You said in unison.

"I'm ten!" She argued, which made you look at Toji. You both held back from bursting out, laughing.

"Ten year olds are kids, go play with your toys, baby." You told her, but she shook her head.

"All my friends don't play with toys. They have phones. I want a phone." She began, which made you furrow your eyebrows. Of course, this is all happening because of friends.

"Phones aren't for kids, baby. I promise you, toys are so much fun and you'll come to regret choosing a phone over toys when you're older." You explained to her, but she was still set on the phone. You didn't know how to explain it to her. "Don't you have fun when you play with your dolls?"

"I do..." She admitted. You gave her a smile.

"So why would you want to change that? You're still so young. You'll get a phone eventually but not now, don't ruin your childhood." You assured her, before patting her head. She hesitantly nodded before getting up from the couch.

"Gumi, don't stand so close to the TV!" You told the child, but he ignored you. He was so close and you were a bit worried that it might damage his eyesight.

"You know, Y/N, you'd make a great mother." Toji spoke, and you looked at him for a second. You gave him a small smile before looking back at the TV. The child still stood close which made you roll your eyes before standing up.

You picked him up and sat him on the couch. He didn't complain though, his eyes were still glued to the TV. You retook your seat next to Toji, who was holding back a laugh.

"Goddamn, he's so much like you." You jokingly said and Toji acted as if he were offended, putting his hand over his heart.

"How would you know that?" He asked.

"You're right, my bad. TVs probably didn't exist when you were his age." You continued joking.

"Did you just call me old?" He questioned and you nodded. It was as if you had forgotten what happened last week. You hadn't talked to each other for a week, and you sincerely missed the bond you had formed.

But then she came down. She was quick to yell, "Honey!"

"What?" His tone switched to one of annoyance. She could obviously hear it, but she wouldn't comment on it.

"Could you get me some cotton candy ice cream? We've really been craving some." She asked. She had been using "we" to include the baby. It had been annoying you, but of course you wouldn't say anything.

"Sure." He answered, but he wasn't too pleased about it. He didn't have too much of an option.

You then remembered why you were mad at him. You went back to paying attention to the TV.

Toji looked at you, and then read your body language. You were tense again, meaning that his wife had brought you back to reality. He sighed before standing up and walking out of the house.

Right at that moment your phone rang and you were quick to stand up and walk to your room to pick it up.

"Hello?" You answered. It was from the doctor's office.

"Yes, this is her speaking." You said.

"There's no way." Your eyes widened. There was no way that was possible. "Are you sure you have the right results?"

"My name is Y/N L/N, please double check." You requested. You couldn't believe what was said.

"You're 100% sure you have the right results?" You asked, once again.

"Right, of course. Thank you." You hung up the phone. You were in disbelief, and didn't know how to react. You didn't know what you were going to do.

Your mind wandered back to the same question that Geto had asked. Leaving. There wasn't much of an option now. That was the only thing that came to mind at the moment. You didn't have that much time to figure out another option anyways.

There was a gentle knock on the door, which snapped you back into the world.

"Come in." You responded and little Megumi opened the door. He walked in and walked to your side, wrapping his arms around you.

"Are you okay?" He looked up at you.

"I am. Why do you ask, Gumi?" You asked.

"I heard you out there, and you sounded upset." He shared. You patted his head, and put on a fake smile for him.

"Thank you for checking up on me, Gumi. I love you." You told the child.

"I love you too, mom." He responded, which made you want to burst into tears.

Leaving him would be the hardest part of all. You didn't know how you would do it. But you thought of it as paying the consequences for your actions.