19.

Naala's POV

"Okay, who wants to go next?" Daisy asked the group. We were sitting in our group therapy session I wanted to leave so badly.

"Naala how is the real world treating you?" Daisy said making everyone look at me.

"Fine I guess," I shrugged not wanting to talk that much.

"A bit more than that please," Daisy pushed, I cut my eyes to her and shifted nervously in my seat.

"It feels weird being out there. I feel weird being around people because I'm so used to here, with everyone," I said gesturing around to everyone. "Erm, my ex husband has full custody of my daughters and he won't let me see them at all, and it hurts because I miss them,"

"Good, let that emotion out don't hold it in. Remember our motto ladies?"

"It's better out than in," I mumbled feeling my eyes water,

"I want to see them but he's using my past against me and he's turned my eldest against me as well," I spilled. I felt comfortable around the group at times. "I'm trying to show him that I've changed but everytime we speak, he turns me back into what I used to be,"

"How does that make you feel?" Daisy asked softly.

"It makes me feel like how he used to make me feel our whole marriage, weak." I said letting my tears fall. "I understand I hurt him but I wanted him to feel my pain,"

"That's not right Naala, we don't take our hurt and hurt others - we learn from it," Daisy preached, "What's a good thing you've experienced being home?"

"I've got to watch my son bond with his dad, something I never thought would happen," I smiled.

"I'm happy to see you smiling," Daisy smiled too. I crossed my legs and turned my attention to the next person that was getting ready to speak.

The rest of the session went by and we were finally done.

"Naala can I talk to you?" I heard from behind me,

"Mini right?" I said with a light smile,

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you something. If you don't mind?" Mini asked pulling me to the side. I looked at her hand wrapped around my forearm and then back at her.

"I'm sorry." Mini said dropping my arm quickly. "I forgot about your personal space,"

"Did you need something?" I asked politely. We've never had a conversation before so I wondered what she wanted.

"The girls were talking the other day and one of them mentioned that you own a hair salon. I really need a job, to prove to my mom that I'm capable to look after my son," Mini started talking fast.

"Have you got a hair page?" I asked to shut her up, the rambling was making me uncomfortable.

"Yeah I do," She said rummaging through her purse. "Here," She handed me her unlocked phone on Instagram.

I scrolled through it and liked what I saw. "Come by the shop tomorrow and we'll see how you go,"

"Really?" She exclaimed. "Thank you so much, I could kiss you right now,"

"Please don't do that," I smiled awkwardly. "I've got to go now, here's the address," I said handing her one of the salon cards I kept on me.

"You won't regret it," Mini smiled widely. I smiled back and turned on my heels heading to the exit.

I saw Hassan's car parked up on the side so I went over and got in.

"Hey, thanks for waiting," I said to looking at his side profile.