1 The Beginning

"In this business, having a weak heart is not an option."

Eula's POV

I woke up and felt the sunlight hitting my eyes. Suho stirred on his bed so I stood up from the chair slash bed very quietly so I won't wake him up. I carefully opened the curtains to his room... his hospital room where he has been staying for three months now.

My mind is still floating to the dream I had about our younger days. Suho and I met at the orphanage and stuck together like siblings until now that he is twenty three and I'm twenty. Almost eleven years ago, the orphanage closed so we had to find a way to survive.

Suho did not leave my side and he worked very hard to feed me with Ms. Kim, the former directress of the orphanage. But just about five months ago, he dropped dead while we were on the train and the doctors said something about a very rare disease.

He's gonna be discharged today and our hospital bills were taken care of by a sponsor. But the medicine he needs is too expensive. How am I supposed to get the money?

"My little sister is getting all worked up. I'm sorry." Suho's voice cracked a little.

"Don't say that, Oppa. You'd do the same if it were me, right?" I smiled at him and started to pack our bags.

"Come here." He spread his arms and I gladly walked to him and hugged him. "When you're tired, stop okay?" He ran his hand over my hair and lightly planted a kiss.

I couldn't help but cry. Suho is the only family I know who took care of me my whole life. And I love him so much.

Ring!

I hurried to pick up my phone after putting down the bag in our little apartment. Suho motioned to his room while I went out the hallway.

"Hello Ms. Kim?"

"Hi Eula. How's Suho?" Ms. Kim's voice aged a little but it still had the same motherly feel.

"We just got out of the hospital. Uh.. How's the thing you told me before? I'm sorry, I really need it, Ms. Kim." I was really anxious of how it turned out. Ms. Kim is helping me find a job. I work at the factory but it's not enough to pay off the medicine, the rent, and everything.

"Oh yes. That's why I called you. I met a colleague a few days ago and she said she needed someone."

"Thank you so much Ms. Kim. We owe you so much."

"Just meet her at the coffee shop tomorrow at 9."

"Okay. Uhm, what job is it, by the way?" I suddenly remembered to asked.

"I don't know yet, actually. But don't worry. She's a very kind person."

I thanked her again and ended the call. Tomorrow will be a good day.

"Really? How did you know it's gonna be a good day?"

I was surprised to see Suho leaning on the doorway beaming at me. I didn't know I spoke out loud.

"Don't ask me how I know, Oppa. I know so." I smiled at him brightly hoping to God I was right.