6 The Strange Family

Luhan's POV

"Where's my mom?" I asked my nanny.

"She took your brother to the hospital." She said kindly while setting down my glass of milk on the table.

"Again?" I glared at my bread. She always leaves me alone. Maybe she doesn't love me anymore.

If that's so, I don't love her anymore either.

Knock! Knock!

"What?!"

"Hyung, Mom wants to see you." Chanyeol's deep voice is slightly muffled by the thick door.

"What does she want?" I shouted back getting more annoyed when I saw Luna getting dressed.

There was no answer. I tried to pull Luna back to bed but she is already set to leave so I had no choice but to get up and see my mother again.

After walking Luna to her car, I made my way to the dining room. My mother sat at the head of the long table while four of my brothers sat one either side; three on her left and one on her right. I saw Eula walking in from the door nearest to them and sat two seats away from Chanyeol.

"Luhan, come join us." My mother said and everybody looked at me and I just indifferently sat beside Chanyeol.

"How was your first week in the job Eula?" My mother asked suddenly making Eula drop her fork in sheer nervousness.

"Yeah, how was your first week?" I turned to her, while biting a piece off my bread.

"I-It was o-okay." She blushed and I laughed out loud.

But apparently, I was the only one who found it amusing. All of them literally shot me daggers through their eyes as my laugh faded.

"Luhan!" My mother hissed. "Don't be nervous, honey. You should start being comfortable with us."She tried breaking the silence I caused.

I let out a loud snicker and stood up to leave after popping the last of my bread into my mouth. I took my glass of milk with me.

"Luhan, sit down." My mother said with a hint of embarrassment.

"Sorry but I think Eula will be more nervous to talk about me when I'm around."

"I said, SIT DOWN." She pounded her fists on the table and I looked at her like I just saw something disgusting.

"Don't tell me what to do." I saw the shock on her face but I couldn't care less.

I walked away for a thousand times from them. Another one won't hurt, will it? It's nothing compared to all those times she left me alone in this house. Her exact motive on hiring that girl, I've got no idea.

Eula's POV

Why do I always have to get through all those family drama? It's a good thing it's Saturday today and it's my day off. I wanted to go home to Suho oppa but he said he went to Ms. Kim's.

Right now, I'm just wandering around the house, exploring it like a kid. It's really huge. It even had a garden at the back that stretched as far as I my eyes can see. In what seemed like the front, there is a white fountain and a set of topiaries. I marveled at the sight.

I closed my eyes for a bit, inhaling the morning air. And then I heard loud steps against the gravel... next thing I know, I am tackled down by someone in a gray hoody jacket. Needless to say, I am terrified out of my wits.

"Oh, sorry. I'm so sorry." His accent sounded strange.

He helped me stand up and I took a few steps back to process everything.