19 The Last Three Months

Eula’s POV

I did my best to avoid Luhan the morning after but still ran into him when I was going to the kitchen. It was still early in the morning and I hoped to see him only when we are going to his office. I really have the best luck. Luhan looked really tired and I almost threw up thinking why. Why can’t he just settle to drinking instead of having girls in the house?

“Excuse me?” Luhan looked back at me after stopping in the middle of the stairs

“I think you enjoyed your company last night. You look very tired.” I said anyway. What do I have to lose?

“What are you talking about? Jeez.” He massaged his temples and continued walking to the kitchen.

“I heard you.” I said, making him stop at the door and look at me. His face was a combination of annoyed and sick.

“Look I don’t have time for your imaginary stories or fantasies about me now. I have a bad headache.”

My nanny instincts kicked in and I rushed to get some aspirin. I gave them to him and he just took them quietly after eating very little breakfast. Somehow I felt bad that he looks like this, completely beaten and his mother has no idea.

Even with the cheerful stories of his brothers, I was still completely puzzled through breakfast and thought about what I heard last night. Knowing Luhan, it is most likely someone was with him but I haven’t seen any girl around here since I woke up. I was walking to his car and got on it while thinking and then it hit me.

“Porn!”

Luhan looked at me from the driver’s seat completely annoyed. Just why can’t I keep my thoughts to myself? I quietly buckled my seat belt and sunk back into my seat. Even though it’s completely disgusting of him to watch such, I felt relieved. I… just thought having other… girls in the house isn’t very nice.

At about 2pm, he was having a meeting with a different perfume brand and as usual, it wasn’t going smoothly. What a shock.

“I heard that you had the other brand’s manager investigated,” said the man in a crisp black suit. “How about me?”

“It’s called gathering information, sir. It’s in the scientific method.” Luhan said with that cocky tone again.

“Really? Well, it’s also science when I had you followed, too then.” The man retorted making Luhan throw him a sharp look. “I know what you do in your “free time”. And I must say they’re quite overwhelming.”

The man smiled at Luhan and then quickly glanced at me and then back to him. Luhan took deep breaths while he probably debated whether to beat the man down or not. My body felt like it was tied down the chair, making it impossible for me to move.

“I think you hired a poser. Let me recommend a good one.” Luhan said as calm as possible.

“Oh. Okay. I just hired him because he said he knows a lot about you.”

“What?” Luhan’s voice is now angry.

The meeting room fell silent and only the faint sound of the air conditioner was heard. If I’m right, someone who knew Luhan is actually betraying him.

“But don’t worry. I like this company and I have total trust in your mother so I’m still advertising with you.” The man said but Luhan was still silent.

“Whatever your investigator said must be true but that will only be half of the story.” I said loudly. This time, I let my thoughts out consciously. “I hope you stay longer and know the other half.”