25 The Fire

Eula's POV

"Good morning, Eula! I mean, Noona." Sehun shyly scratched the back of his head while his eyes disappeared into two tiny curves when he smiled.

"You can call me whatever you want, Sehun. It's no big deal." I said, walking with him down the stairs.

"How was your sleep?"

My insides turned a full three sixty, probably completely rearranged. How was my sleep? It was good, perfect actually.

"That's great." Sehun said beside me as we walked to the dining room.

Everybody is here except for Ms. Oh and Luhan. I looked around and wondered why these usually noisy and bubbly boys are quiet around the table... unless...

"Good morning, Eula." The hair on my back stood up when the sound of Luhan's voice surfaced from behind me.

I didn't move a muscle. I heard him walking towards me and smiled at me when he passed. And then he proceeded to the table laying down two trays of eggs, bacon and bread. All of us seemed to have swallowed our tongues as awkward silence sipped in. Luhan's smile remained on his lips as he straightened up and pulled a chair beside Chanyeol.

"Hyung, are-- are you sick?" Chanyeol's deep voice slightly quivered.

"Is this safe?" Lay whispered but I heard it nonetheless.

Luhan turned to Chanyeol and raised an eyebrow. He chuckled and patted the younger's back.

"No, I'm healthy. And don't worry; I'm out of poison so it's safe to eat." Even Luhan's tone was strangely cheerful.

He was about to sit when he noticed me and Sehun still standing shocked. He tilted his head to invite us and I felt the muscles in my chest tighten. I stepped forward but Sehun did not.

"Luhan-hyung, am I allowed to eat, too?" Everybody's eyes went back and forth between the two brothers but Luhan kept quiet.

"Of course." I said and Luhan sat on his chair.

"Thanks." Sehun's smile went up to his ears and took a chair next to Tao while I sat on a chair next to Baekhyun.

The breakfast was good. I looked around the table and watched all nine boys eating together as a family. It must have been a long time since the last time they did this and I am so happy to be a part of it... or at least be a witness in this simple yet memorable moment.

I got into Luhan's car later that morning, still watching him curiously. He's still smiling like an idiot, that's why. He put the key into the ignition but instead of turning it, he turned his head to my direction.

"You might want to wipe the drool off your chin." Luhan said, pointing at his chin.

"Wha-" I immediately wiped my dry chin and glared at him when he started laughing. "I hate you." I sneered at him.

"I cooked you breakfast, at least say thanks." He said, faking a hurt expression.

"Oh, sorry. That was you?"

Silence.

"Don't you like that side of me?" His face gradually fell to a serious one.

I was speechless. Luhan's eyes sparkled as he stared at me, waiting for an answer. Why does he always manage to do this to me?

"I'm serious about what I wrote on that boat, Eula." He said with sincerity all over his words.

I'm out of words. A part of me wants to just hug him all day and tell him he doesn't even have to try to be better because he's the best guy for me. But a part of me is shouting four weeks...