26 The Duck and The Deer

Eula's POV

"Did you have fun?"

"Yes." I said quietly, bracing myself for an outrage.

But it did not come. I chanced a look at him and he was staring sadly at me. He might as well dip his hand through my chest and rip my heart out because that is exactly what I feel.

"You'd believe and acknowledge everything that kid says and does but not mine." His voice was a whisper but I heard it perfectly well.

I crossed my arms more to warm myself up from the cold atmosphere than to defend myself. Suddenly, I felt guilty... guilty for doubting his kindness and warmth towards me. He must have been sincere all this time but I ruled them all out as either a dream or a part of the contract.

"Are you really this cruel, babe?"

I flinched yet again at the word. On another day, I'll talk to him about it.

"Kai... said he likes me. That's why he is kind to me." I paused, summoning all the courage to say the next few words I've wanted to ask him all this time. "It's difficult for me to believe your actions because... I can't figure out why you're doing them. They don't make sense."

I held my breath, knowing perfectly well that his reasons are completely different from Kai's. Even though I waved them all off, a part of me wanted to assume that he felt something...even just a tiny little spark for me.

"Haven't you figured it out yet?" He surprised me with his answer.

"I wouldn't ask if I have." I saw his lips curve up to what seems like a hint of a smile.

Luhan stepped closer and took my face in his hands. I felt a strange kind of nervousness while he looked straight into my eyes and I noticed his smile now full on his beautiful face.

"I thought you were smart?" He raised his eyebrows in a playful manner.

"I am. That's why I don't want to misunderstand." I tried my hardest to be calm despite my raging heartbeat.

Luhan just stared at me without letting me go. He leaned closer so that our noses are almost touching. I can feel his uneven breath on my face... like fire burning me.

"I want to kiss you right now. What do I do?" His tone was nowhere perverted like he always had when we are this close.

I blinked at him, still trying to process what is happening. One moment I was shaking out of fear and now, I'm trembling because I'm too nervous. I probably heard him wrong.

"Don't mess with me evil d-"

He shut me up with his soft lips on mine.

And this time, I am not joking.

It is a searching kind of kiss... the one that makes someone weak in the knees but still want more. His hands found the small of my back, pulling me close to him. My arms wrapped themselves around Luhan's neck and I felt him smile on my lips. He pecked my lips again and pulled back to look at me.

"Now, have you figured it out, duck? You're not dreaming and I'm not pretending." He caressed my waist while he smiled that stupid smile of his.

I want to step back and run away. I want to slap him so hard for taking advantage of me. But instead, I stayed right where I am and ran my hand on the back of his head, getting infected by that stupid smile of his.

"I hate you." I bit my lip and looked at him.

"I'd take that as a yes."

--