13 The Pacifier

Luhan's POV

I heard someone walk into my room and I shut my eyes again, pretending to sleep.

"He usually doesn't go to work after drinking hard." Chanyeol's voice is unmistakable.

"Oh."

My heart went on overdrive when I heard her voice. When I was sure they were gone, I sat up and even with the hangover I am feeling, I pushed my brain to remember what happened last night but I couldn't. All I can recall is a strange dream.

Goodbye Luhan.

That was definitely Eula's voyice.

"Shit."

I ran my hand on my face trying to erase the memory of her lips on mine. I dreamed of kissing Eula while I was crying because of Luna. But it strangely felt real. I swear I felt her soft skin against my hand and her strawberry flavored lips on mine. I felt her... I ran my hand on her hair and her arms. And the force that lightly pushed me away definitely seemed from her. I could have sworn they were real. But when I opened my eyes again, there is an astonishing lack of a Eula. And why, of all people, would Eula let me kiss her?

But on the day of the party, right at the door... I was just supposed to scare her to make her stop mocking me when I smelled her subtle perfume right under her ear and next thing I know, I was planting kisses on her neck.

Shoot. I'm losing my mind. Those strippers gave me a really bad job.

My phone vibrated from the bedside table and it took me a few more minutes before I decided to look at it. I flinched at the sight of Luna's picture which she took while we ate dinner at a restaurant. Why did I forget to change my wallpaper?

Luna: I'm leaving tonight. See me off?
Luhan: You're kidding me right?
Luna: Wow, a reply. That's a start.
Luhan: You ended everything already babe. What's there to start?
Luna: Even though I know you call everybody baby, I still feel like you said it because it's me.

I snickered and threw my phone to the floor. It didn't break... it's an iPhone. HaHa. I heard it vibrate again but I didn't want to look anymore. If she's leaving then she can leave. I don't care anymore.

I went down to the kitchen and smelled what must be Kyungsoo's cooking. To my surprise, everybody was quiet. My head is still throbbing with pain because of Luna, my hangover and the disturbing dream I had and now I'm imagining that all of my brothers are quiet while eating.

"Luhan." She said and I was surprised to see her there, completely forgetting that she lives in this house.

My eyes fell on her pink lips... strawberry. I felt heat coming up my face.

Am I freaking blushing?

Everybody was silent and after a few more excruciating seconds, I cleared my throat and glared at her while she just stared blankly at me.

"What?" I asked and I think that was the only time when the others noticed me.

I sat at the end of the table next to Kyungsoo while all of them straightened up in their seats. I saw Eula start fidgeting her hair and finally Kai let out a nervous laugh.

"Noona, do you like Luhan-hyung?" the younger boy asked and I was completely lost.

What were they talking about before this? I tried to act indifferent even through my searing headache and started eating. But I couldn't help but wait for Eula's answer.

"O-of course not. He's evil." Eula said and I think something in me snapped.

Everybody laughed nervously at Eula and I just kept quiet. It has always been like this. We all have fun, alright but when it comes to the topic of me being the black sheep, no one dares say a thing. They know exactly why I'm like this.

"I'm evil? You wanna see what evil looks like?" My head disagrees to another word but I'm getting angry and I can't control myself when I am.

I grit my teeth as my jaw clenched almost painfully. The silence in the room is a sign that I just turned into my bloodcurdling self. Last time they've seen this, I ended up in the ICU with Kai.

"Hyung, i-it's just an expression..." Baekhyun trailed off when I cocked my head at him.

He knows better than telling me off.

"Luhan-hyung, don't scare Eula..." Chanyeol said trying his hardest to be brave with that stupid smile on his face.

I locked my eyes on Eula who is definitely scared down to her bones. And then I remembered Kai kissing her at the hallway and Kris trailing behind her at the club. My blood boiled and it overpowered the hangover I had.

"I'm sorry hyung." Kyungsoo's deep voice sounded distant behind but I came back to my senses when he tightly wrapped an arm around my neck as he pushed my head down with his free hand.

I groaned in pain as I gripped tightly on his arm trying to pull it off my neck. I think blood rushed up my head and I can barely breathe.

"Fine. I'll stop." As soon as I said the words, Kyungsoo let go of me and I fought the urge to lunge to him.

This is the reason he got adopted by my mother after Kai and I fought: to be the pacifier. My head feels like it has boom boxes pumping in loud volume. I think my brain is gonna come out of my ears any second.

"Here, take these... It will ease the pain."

I looked up to see Eula handing me aspirins and a glass of water. I just looked at them and her.

"Don't tell me what to do." I said and I'm aware of how childish I sounded like.

"Aish. Seriously, what am I gonna do with you?" She stomped her feet in frustration and for some reasons, I found it funny.

I laughed and to my surprise, so did my brothers. This girl is really something.

"Hyung, you don't happen to like her too, right?" Kai said suddenly and I just curled my eyebrows at him while laughing. "Because I like her."

Fuck.

"She's not my type, bro. Don't worry."

Xiumin snorted but I ignored him, mentally reminding myself that Kyungsoo is still in the room. Eula put the glass and the medicine down on the table in front of me and I watched her go back to her chair quietly. Is she sad because of my answer? No. I already told her that at the very start. She's probably angry. I took one tablet in my mouth and downed it with water.

"Luhan-hyung, are you going to work today?" Lay asked with sudden interest.

"Nope. Why?"

"Can we take Eula out? Please?"

What the-

"Sure." I said and everybody sighed in relief and Eula just looked at Lay like he's an alien. "But I'm coming with you."