29 The Talking Pie and The Walking Pasta

Eula’s POV

I have lost my mind. It’s only been three days since I decided to stay with my brother but every single day is a pathetic attempt to forget about the evil deer. He was like a delicious melting ice cream in my hand that I am not allowed to eat.

“Eula, stop dusting the roses. They’re fresh.” Suho closed his book and looked at me.

The roses seemed fine, except that they have lost a few petals because of my careless duster moves on it. I don’t even remember when I started doing it. All I know is that I wasn’t thinking about the flowers... I was thinking about a certain animal.

“Are you hungry, Oppa? I’ll bake you some pie.” I didn’t wait for him to answer.

I walked straight into the kitchen and put out all the ingredients to bake an apple pie, or at least according to my memory. When I was young, I was only allowed to cut the apples and nothing else. The rest of the time, I would just watch and then eat afterwards.

“Hey duck, give me some of that.”

“What?!” I turned around at the voice.

I stared at the door for a few seconds, waiting for him to come out and laugh at me but he wasn’t there. My frustration is consuming me that the apple pie is gradually turning into a pie of frustration. I don’t even know if it’s edible.

I carefully put the pie into the oven and watched it like a total retard. Honestly, I was silently hoping for it to grow arms and legs and probably a mouth so it can talk. I want the pie to slap itself onto my face and wake me up from this nightmare. This is surely a nightmare, isn’t it?

Luhan… I miss him so much that my whole body is aching to see him.

The oven pinged finally and I was a bit nervous to take it out. But when I did, it was still the same apple pie I stuffed in the pan and tortured in the oven. It looks like a valley that had just experienced a natural disaster.

“Is it ready?” Suho said, sitting beside me by the table.

When he saw the pie, the look on his face was so precious that it should be buried again and declared to be a national treasure. I love my brother and I know it was in good faith that he said those things to Luhan. I want to be angry at him but my heart won’t let me. It’s not blood that bound us but heart. Just heart.

“Eula… I know you love me but,” he looked at the pie as if it would backflip, “are you trying to kill me?”

“What?!”

Maybe I completely went bonkers but that made me laugh so hard. I clutched my stomach as my brother’s expressions played over and over in my head. He started to laugh and try to calm me down but it was just too difficult to stop.

“Oppa, you are killing me too.” I said wiping my tears.

“Glad I did. Because the Eula that came home with me is way too strange.” His face gradually turned serious.

When I finally recovered, Suho sat me down beside him and hugged me to his side. He gently patted my head and kissed my temple. I didn’t hesitate to hug his waist and realized how much weight he lost. He gained a bit the past months but because of me, he’s losing it again.

“Eula, I know I made you come home. And I am really happy that you are here with me.” Suho said quietly.

“Me too, Oppa.”

“But… I can’t let you stay here if I know you want to be somewhere else.”

I looked at Suho and tried to figure out what he was saying.