22 Star-Crossed Hearts Part 2

Happy birthday Luhan. I love you with all my heart, body and soul. XOXO.

--

Eula's POV

I arrived a little too early at the coffee shop where Suho and I agreed to meet. My mind floated over Luhan's strange actions recently. Why on earth is he taking care of me all of a sudden? After all his teasing, he'll be this goody good person. Honestly, it's as confusing as their house.

I walked over the counter and ordered a cup of tea. The young cashier flashed his best smile at me while he handed me my receipt.

"Why are you very pretty Miss?" He said and I just gave a chuckle and chose a table near the window.

Since I've worked for Ms. Oh, I've been receiving more compliments than I've had for the past 20 years of my life. One day, Suho pointed out that I have a strange aura around me that makes me prettier (if I've ever been pretty before). Did my job, by any chance, change me?

I let my eyes wander off to the street where I watched the traffic go by. It's only been a little near five months and a lot have happened already. Even though I know Luhan is still the same evil one I've met from day one, just the thought of seeing his good side more often recently is enough to give me a sense of relief.

Suddenly, woman in a brown overcoat and flat shoes caught my attention. She's got a long brown hair and a little taller than me. She reminds me so much of...

"Luna?" I gasped in realization.

Her head turned to the coffee shop and for a moment, both of us froze. And then I decided to stand up to go to her but she was quick to turn and walk the other way. I gestured at the clerk and ran off into the street. I ran after her, calling her name until she finally stopped in front of a bakery and faced me.

Luna is the same pretty girl I remember.

"Hi Eula." She said breathlessly and I've got no idea what to feel right now.

Do I hug her? Do I get angry at her? Do I just go back to the coffee shop?

"When did you come back?" I asked the first question in mind.

"I... I didn't leave." She said and I'm sure I heard her wrong.

I felt my body shake in anger. What does she mean by she didn't leave? How could she do this to Luhan? He's going through hell because of her and she broke him just to be what? Free?

"Do you know how Luhan feels right now?" my voice rose as my anger sipped in. "He thinks he's not enough. That's why nobody dares stay beside him. And you just proved his point."

Luna turned her head to the right and bit her lip. She swallowed hard but tears fell down her eyes.

"I love Luhan more than anything else in this world but..."

"It's not love when you have buts. Remember that Luna." My own tears fell as I tried my hardest not to walk away.

"Eula. I'm in love with someone else." She sobbed and I just stood her watching her.

She put her hands on her face and shook while she cried. I stood motionless as my mind whirled back to the day she made me promise to take care of Luhan. Now it makes sense.

"Eula?" I looked around and saw Suho, his face both confused and concerned when he saw me and a stranger crying.

"Don't tell Luhan, Eula, please. It will hurt him so much." Luna said from behind me and I looked at Suho before turning to Luna.

Suddenly, Luna let out a shriek and ran behind me. On the pavement, Suho lay on his stomach with blood coming out of his nose.

"Oppa!" I shouted and everything went in a blur.