10 The End

Eula's POV

I was listening to a familiar song when I saw him.

Even if it's a small thing, I want to protect you for always...

Luhan's eyes are red from crying and I can't help but reach out and wipe his tears.

"It's gonna be okay." I told him, trying to copy the exact words he told me at the hospital which made me trust him.

So you won't ever have to suffer...

But a few seconds later the music stopped and he started slipping away from my hand, his face void of any surprise. He moved backwards until he faded in the dark. I ran after him but my feet were heavy and my head throbbed in pain. And then I felt like I was falling... falling... falling...

Save me...

"How is she?"

I woke up to the sound of Chanyeol's deep voice. My head spun as I tried to sit up on my bed. I looked around and was surprised at the number of people in my room.

"How are you, honey?" Ms. Oh walked towards me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled weakly at her and acknowledged Chanyeol, Xiumin and Lay who were standing together at the huge closet.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted last night. It must be the alcohol on the drink you had. It's a good thing Kyungsoo was there." Ms. Oh said motioning to a guy at the door.

I looked around and smiled at him. He just returned it with a nod and looked the other way. And then, I remembered everything that happened last night. Kai's confession and Luhan's...

"Where is Luhan?" I said right before I could stop myself.

Silence.

"I think Eula and I need to talk, boys." Ms. Oh sounded really gentle.

Everybody marched out with Xiumin closing the door behind him and Ms. Oh turned to me, her eyes showing tiredness. I can't explain exactly what kind of feeling I had but it's in between respect and fear. I knew something was up but I'm scared to know about it.

"I heard them last night..." I said trailing off when Ms. Oh nodded at me knowingly.

"I know. Luna's leaving." Her tone was not surprised at all. Why not?

"How did you...?"

"Luna... well she's a very kind girl, quite bubbly and funny. When I met her last year, I liked her instantly for my son." She stood up and walked to my window overlooking the garden. "She influenced Luhan in a good way... making him agree to run the magazine... poorly, but at least he's there instead of spending his whole life in a club getting wasted."

I unconsciously ran a hand on my head. I can't guess where our conversation is going.

"But as a mother, I had to keep an eye on my son and all the people surrounding him," Her eyes were focused on something far. I just stared at her, slightly squinting at the light rays her white dress reflected. "...including Luna."

"What do you mean? You got her investigated?" Saying it out loud made my stomach flip. That's just sick.

Ms. Oh turned to me defensively and placed her hand on her chest. I can tell she was trying to fight anger and maintain her cool.

"I had to be sure Luhan wouldn't get hurt anymore. And then I knew about the job waiting for her in London." She clenched her jaw at the memory," I talked to her about it but she won't drop it. So I offered her a deal."