15 The Promise

Eula's POV

"Happy Birthday!"

Suho blew his candles and smiled shyly at us. He also bowed to apologize to the people in the restaurant who were looking amusedly at us. Ms. Kim and I bought him a blueberry cheesecake which he likes so much. I also bought him a new formal dark blue shirt and perfume.

"Make a wish, Suho-oppa." I said excitedly, clapping my hands together.

"All I wish is for my only angel to be happy." Suho threw an arm behind me and kissed my hair.

"Oppa, you're 24! You should wish for yourself. Like a girlfriend or something." I raised my eyebrows at him, waiting for an answer.

He released me from his hug and cleared his throat. His eyes were looking anywhere but us. And then I caught him glancing at Ms. Kim. My super senses tingled, telling me I was missing something.

"Hey, what is this? Oppa, tell me!" I said, shaking Suho who was blushing hard.

Ms. Kim chuckled a little while looking at me as if ordering me to ask her. And I did, being the curious little sister and all.

"Well, Suho has been staying at my house for a few weeks now and..." She eyed Suho who was slowly sinking in his seat. "You remember I have a daughter, right?"

When Ms. Kim mentioned about her daughter, I had a moment of discovery, like I just rediscovered fire. My eyes went wide as my head slowly turned to my tomato faced older brother.

"Hey. I-she was j-just really kind and I d-din't have anyone to talk to." Suho stuttered nervously.

"You like her!" I said and I don't care if people are staring.

"I just..." He desperately looked for words.

"She said you gave her flowers the other day." Ms. Kim said bluntly.

That's it.

I screamed the highest note my voice can allow. What can I do? All my life, my brother's world revolved around me and all I wanted is for him to enjoy his life outside. He's not getting any younger.

"Eula, stop that. It's not that. And... you know she... won't like me that way." I was surprised to see my brother's hopeless romantic side.

"Oppa," I patted his head and smiled, "when you like a person, it doesn't matter if she likes you back or not. The most important thing is to make sure she feels how much you care."

Don't leave me.

I shook my head at the sudden memory while Suho relaxed and gave me a proud look.

"Looks like my little angel's growing up." He said and, in a very quick move, he painted my cheek with the icing on his cake.

I was about to take revenge when I heard my name. I looked around and my head started to spin.

"Kai." I said and I straightened up from my chair.

"I didn't know you were here." Kai said, while adjusting his black cap so that it's facing backwards.

"You have a little something..." He took out a handkerchief and wiped my cheek, smiling at me, "There."

A wave of nervousness hit me that I can see my whole world shaking. Suho cleared his throat. I really wish a meteor would fall directly on me.

"Uhm, Kai, this is Ms. Kim, the one who took care of me and this is my brother, Suho. Ah... this is Kai." I said awkwardly as Kai reached out his hand to them.