02 ) Discontentful Moon

to whom love is everything

I had originally wondered if staying here was a good idea

Well, it is, but I hate it a bit more now since my mother visits me every two hours or so. I wish to wallow in my own self-doubt, but her slightly acorn-colored strands peak from the door, and I know she's here.

However, I've set boundaries between us, and now, all I can say is that I feel reassured here. Reassured in this comfy hospital bed, away from the bustle and hustle of school life. It's not like I prefer socializing, either. Sunghoon hyung is the only person besides my teachers who I converse with, and call it sad, but it's a preference of being asocial and unneedy of public attention.

I look down at the needle in my skin. Useless. It's not like I'm dying or anything. Why am I strung up to this machine? Pulling it slightly, it hurts. Never mind, I'll leave it in. Lifting myself off the bed, I set myself on the wheelchair the nurses had decided to leave me with, holding the cold metal pole that had my IV hung upon.

Rolling with my free hand towards the window, I pull the object along with me. I had no idea what time it was, nor did I care. All I cared about was that I was alone for the first time, able to organize and sort the number of things and thoughts that were impossible to sort in public.

Pushing up the window ledge, I feel the moonlit air rush against my face. Closing my eyes, I sit back in my wheelchair, unable to feel the adrenaline that used to pump my soul. Everything had relaxed, including me. 

Soon reopening my eyes, I stare up at the sky. The moon was discontent with me. I could see it in its lily-white eyes... that its heart was completely discontent.

Like Sunwoo and I, the moon, too, had a lover. The sun.

Originally, it was all a fairytale, a rumor that the opposites of our solar system had fallen in love. However, as you grow up, there's nothing wrong with it being a rumor if the people involved, moreover, the solar system, was okay with it. After all, they're forbidden lovers, what choice do they have if not with each other?

They would never touch. They would never meet. They can peak from the grasslands, from the aquatic oceans that may even help them touch each other's light... but no constellation was able to touch another.