04 ) Polar Collision

a love so beautiful is love with harm

I sit alone in my room, trying to understand the rejection I had ultimately experienced

I sit alone in my room, trying to understand the rejection I had ultimately experienced. It's been a few hours, but why was I still pondering over it as if it was the end of the world? The gods gave me this chance, but she's still around. I should persist- but I don't know if I can after that...

Was it because she witnessed my most humiliating moment? Did she find it, in itself, embarrassing? Or did she find me just as much embarrassing?

Or could she just be like this... because she doesn't want to have someone suffer?

Like Sunwoo, I could never understand the ultimatum of words that adapted to such a personality. A personality like hers was one of no other. She wasn't afraid to die, not like me. Sunwoo, too, was not afraid to die. Not like she ever did. She left with no purpose, and I had hoped Rena would eventually do the same.

Of course, in the sense that she'll be discharged and I'll never have to see her again.

Not in the sense that she'd die.

I bite my nails, standing up. Going closer to the window, I shove the slightly stained glass up, feeling the gush of cloudy weather hit me. Looking down, I see Rena. She continues to roll her wheelchair across the ivory pavement until she stops. Her hands slowly grace into her lap, her head tilting upwards- until it stops and turns to me.

Her hands start moving at an understandable pace, and to that, I try to read her lips.

"You have five minutes to get down here. Let's talk."

I never felt my heart synchronize as much as it did at this moment. It didn't take long for me to slam the window closed in excitement. I almost trip over my wide cast, grabbing my crutches in an attempt to run out. Opening the doors, I bump into Sunghoon, who slings himself back against the wall.

I clear my throat, itching the top of my head. Sunghoon laughs half-heartedly, itching his head as well. "It seems like you're in quite the rush. What's going on, and where are you off to?"

"Um-"

"Don't tell me- did you possibly see Sunwoo?" I gulp, pursing my lips as the light falls from his face. "Okay, for real? I think you've completely lost it this time."