24 ) Rotten Cherries

i want to realize what i wish i could

i want to realize what i wish i could. i wanted it to be you.

I take a stroll outside

I take a stroll outside. After I saw Rena again, I take another week to get over the colliding feelings that seem to resurface. I had many questions for everyone. Chenhan, Sunghoon, Rena... I wish I could talk to all of you at once.

Sunwoo, I don't think I have any questions for her. I have no reason to disrupt her peace anymore. Hopefully, Jaeyun will do that too, but I think he is still hung upon her death. Anyone who cared that much would still grieve.

Anyway, I take a seat. It's not long until someone joins me, someone, that I asked to speak with after all the commotion. His brunette hair fluffs around with the wind, scooting closer to me as he chuckles. "When Sunghoon told me that you started sobbing in his arms, I couldn't believe it. Yet, seeing that you've called me here after our countless quarrels, I believe it now," Jaeyun snickers, crossing his arms. "I know how that feels. Sunghoon told me everything, start to finish, about how you feel. I think I have some recollection of what happened to me after Sunwoo died."

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I just know deep inside, you want to face it," I say without looking at him, knowing he was already facing me. "Just like me. We want to face the "something" that seemed to hold us back."

"Clearly, it's ourselves," Jaeyun rebukes, crossing his arms. "We make ourselves to be the bad guy in hopes that the woman is glorified. Sometimes, I wish I could be happy too, you know? I want to be... a good person, too."

There's silence between us, just briefly, before I nod. "I want to be a good person as well. Not only to her but to myself. It's quite hard for people who care so deeply about other people, hm?"

Jaeyun chuckles, shaking his head. "You're right. I loved Sunwoo so much, that I had no more care for myself. Speaking of her, I know you have questions, so I'll talk about it now," Jaeyun feels ready to speak his perspective, which I feel desperate for after all these years. "We... fell in love after you took her to the cherry blossoms. We met in that coffee shop you brought her to a long time ago and kicked it off before you knew. As we hung out together, she was still in love with you. Jealous... would be an understatement."