12 ) Giving It All Up For You

i'd pick every shooting star from the sky if that meant you'd stay

Time passes. Tick, tock.

I resist whatever urge it may be—one that's from the heart, from my head, from the feeling that I may lose you if I waste any more time—to go back into your room and apologize to you.

I understand, it was the moment. It was the moment of winning or losing, of getting into an argument with the stubborn Sunghoon that thinks he knows me better than myself. Rena, I know how much you don't want to lose me. Hell, I think you know better than me that I attach onto you like a leech. I can't just let you leave me.

You are like thin silk, one completely, newly woven, one that's pure and soft. If you were still such a novel item like you were back then, who knows how high your demand would be now. The heart wants what it wants, after all, so imagine how much people would give for such a designer item.

Sometimes, I wish to show you off to the world. To present you in a museum, Rena, where people can truly admire what they have missed. However, captivity in a museum would not keep you content. After all, happiness is what you deserve, and if your smile ever faded, I'd be devastated. Your smile is art itself, and maybe that's what I'd like to show off so elegantly. I just want the world to know that you've always been so presentable, so peaceful.

Maybe it's in my head, though, that you're this beautiful. I can't deny your beauty, I don't have the right to, but I can't forget why I decided to start loving you anyway. You still look like her, even in my dreams. You still resemble her happiest phases, where her smile reached her eyes. Your personality is almost the same, except for the fact that you embrace the scariest things. She never wanted to die, never wanted to part from the world without saying goodbye.

But she still decided to leave me, her world.

Or maybe, she was my world, and it wasn't the other way around.

Maybe she was a liar. Maybe she was like me, who just wanted to escape the feelings of betrayal, of desertion.

But I had hoped, of all things, it could've also been love.