25 ) No Lies

it could have been obvious, but i want you to stay

I enter the hospital with a heavy heart and cherries in my hand

I enter the hospital with a heavy heart and cherries in my hand. It was past midnight, and I knew that Rena would be watching the moon with her eyes caught on her favorite lover. I didn't know how to talk to her, not after all the lies that I had spread to her ears. My only question lingers: would she believe me now?

I didn't have anything to give her but fruit in my hand. After every lesson, every phrase, every word, I had a feeling that I should only bring my knowledge. Though I had no reason to tell her everything that came to mind, communication was key in a relationship. No part of me knew if we were acquaintances or still in love, but I'd stay with her until daybreak no matter her decision.

I see her nurse collecting files at the front desk. I press forward, stopping at least a foot away from the marble counter. "Excuse me," I clear my throat. She widens her eyes as she turns around. When she met eyes with me, her eyes crinkle into a happy expression. "Is... Rena here?"

"Ah, Jungwon! Thank god you're back. I don't think I can handle being her nurse anymore... she's, uh, okay, but, she's not the brightest at the moment," She informs me. "I'm sure you can change that. I trust you more than anyone to figure out what's going on in her head. After all, you were her first caretaker."

"Hm?"

"Doctor Liu personally asked nobody to look after Rena except you. Of course, we were always on standby if something were to happen, but she only ever allowed you to do things for Rena. That came with risks, but you always seemed to know what you were doing," The nurse shrugs. "When I came to Rena, telling her that I was her nurse, she started crying. I guess I reminded her of your spot."

"Oh," Was all I could spout out. "Well, where is she now? I'll talk to her."

"She's where she always is," That answer was enough to get me moving. "The courtyard. She's staring at the sun again. I'm worried her eyes might burst."

"Thank you, miss," I bow, slightly jogging past the desk and towards the courtyard. 

Should I prepare a good speech? Like, uh...