05 ) She Looks So Beautiful

you look so perfect standing there

"Okay, you're officially discharged," Doctor Liu shoves her hands in her pockets, smiling fruitfully

"Okay, you're officially discharged," Doctor Liu shoves her hands in her pockets, smiling fruitfully. Her shining chestnut hair sets itself upon her shoulders, gawking at me. "How did it go with Liu Rena? I heard that you're her first acquaintance."

"You're her doctor as well?"

"Indeed, I am," She chuckles, pushing up her blue-light glasses. "Because I'm also her older sister."

"Huh?" I widen my eyes, blinking slightly. "She... never told me about any sister... So, when you knew about how I was feeling, you referred me to your younger sister as a sense of therapy?"

"Don't put words in my mouth, I reassure you, that was not the case," She grumbles, pursing her lips. "I became a doctor so that hopefully, she'd live. Our mom still pays the expenses, our father is still wholeheartedly in jail, but I had hoped you'd get the surname as a hint. I guess not, though."

"But why did you... want me to go meet Rena, then?"

"I had a feeling Rena would, too, want to give you a chance," Crossing her arms, she chuckles. "She told me about your crying, about a girl's name as you stare deeply into her eyes. She was oddly curious but didn't want to push forward in getting to know you. After all, nobody has wanted to stick around and be her friend in fear that they might lose her. However, you... you seem to persist in wanting to be by her side. So, I decided to let you have a chance. Though mother would disagree, so would father, possibly... it'll be our secret."

I'm thankful to have her sister as my doctor, maybe in the sense that not only is she helping me redeem myself, but also somewhat assisting me in my (not so) broken leg. So, I chuckle slightly, nodding. "Thank you, Doctor Liu. I promise I won't let you down."

"There's no need to phrase it in such an empathetic way, I reassure you," She crosses her arms, wiping her hair from her shoulders. "After all, there is no way to let me down. I have been through the many moments of Rena dying, that she tells me these days "do not be sad that I will be gone, do not pity me even as I can't walk." Though I may not know the depth of her words, I know that even if you hurt her, it will not be my problem. She will handle your punishment herself."