16 ) Escaping Oblivion

the world seems to warm up in your hands, my love

After Sunghoon's confession, it felt like time was passing by way too fast

After Sunghoon's confession, it felt like time was passing by way too fast. It was like running water because after all, there was no way to stop your thoughts from flowing. Like all the metaphors and similes in the world, Sunghoon's words and his persona had become each one. What was there to describe of him? At this point, he became my rival. I had no reason to seek him out nor run back to him, even if my heart wanted to. I just wish things would turn out differently.

But if they did, Rena wouldn't be my accompanist, nor would Sunghoon ever get to see the peak of my happiness. My world would crumble still thinking about that woman, all over a few tears and a few mishaps. Now that I have Rena, she is the anchor that keeps our ship stable. With a few emotions, she's strummed me like a guitar to play a course of notes that could please her.

I make my way to the lobby, sitting by the vending machines. My hands somehow connect to my forehead, rubbing it in dissatisfaction as my brain struggles to breathe. I forget that I don't think in color anymore, because if I were to, I'd describe it as the brown that looks ugly at first, but you soon to grow an attachment to it. Why? Because I find that as of now, I'd have to look positively into the future. With all the things Rena has taught me, from not stepping on the grass to not crying over her because she'd become a swift of wind, I find that the most important one came from the day I saw her the day we shook hands.

Rena taught me that you shouldn't force a meeting, that you shouldn't force fate.

Because after that, you are no longer in control of it. 

Fate itself will take the wheel, and you will have to grab onto it whether you like it or not.

"Jungwon!" A girl exclaims in a fit of tears, my head instantly flying up as Rena wheels towards me. I find my legs instinctively inching towards her, one knee on the ground as one of my hands land on both of her's. Using my free hand, I use my thumb to brush under her eyes, patting her hair down. She gives me a slight hiccup in response. "I need your help. Can you please help me?! I want to- I want to leave, talk to someone, and- and-"