29 ) A December Confession

i don't want to give up on her

[filler chapter, apologies that it's short]

"My God, open a window!" She laughs, causing me to laugh as well

"My God, open a window!" She laughs, causing me to laugh as well. "It's so hot in the hospital during winter, that I want to get up and stand by the window. It's so hard. Anyway, it's Christmas eve!"

Time had passed happily. Though I may not have been too happy watching her suffer, she was happy. That was what mattered. Rena still smiled, even without the moon. She still smiled without someone to make her smile. "Yeah, Merry Christmas!"

"Stop! It's not time to say that yet," Rena scolds me, looking at me. The doctors had raised her bed just enough to be able to see the room. It was more of a chair position, and so now, I didn't have to lean over just to see her beautiful eyes. "Anyway, you have a Christmas eve task for me. I think this shall be the last one for December. January is going to be action-packed!"

"You scare me when you say it like that," I cross my arms, folding over some of my clothes. I had decided to stay with Rena this whole Christmas, considering that I had no one else to spend it with. My parents are spending it by themselves, Sunghoon's spending it with Jaeyun... I had Rena always. I can't let her have a Christmas alone. "Anyway, what's my Christmas task? You seem excited today."

"I am," Rena gives me a smirk, beckoning to the door. "Go get Chenhan."

I blink, remembering what Chenhan had told me the day Rena got into the accident.

"Don't worry, you can stay with her until the end of January. Mother is on a business trip until February, and well, Father... yeah. I encourage you to stay with her always... because I don't think I can."

"Why?"

"I... can't do it, busy, perhaps," She chuckles awkwardly, bowing. "Then... enjoy your time with her. Please... tell me if she's okay."

Licking my lips, Rena furrows her eyebrows. "Why are you looking at me like that!? Go do it," She frowns. "Either you talk to her and give her my present, or bring her here."