31 ) Second Week of January

friday, january 14th, 2022

"Jungwon," Rena watches me clean up her hospital room, a soft hum leaving my mouth to answer my name

"Jungwon," Rena watches me clean up her hospital room, a soft hum leaving my mouth to answer my name. "What's your favorite type of cherry?"

"Like fruit-wise?" She nods as I look up, causing me to pause my chores. I think about it for a second. I don't usually eat cherries. I only started when I bought some for Rena. "I don't know. Maybe the ones you buy from the grocery store? The common ones."

"Bing Cherries," She recalls, smiling. "I searched it up. I read a whole article about cherries. Just for you."

"It was for your appetite and desire of cherries. You'll turn into a cherry at this rate."

"Hey!" She whines, making me chuckle. I continue to clean up my things, stacking them neatly on the coffee table. "I think my favorite might be... Chelan Cherries. They're somewhat like black cherries, but they're not too sweet. They look like your favorite cherries, just not as sweet."

"Speaking of cherries," I swing my facial towel into my bag, turning to her. "Do you remember that discussion we had a long time ago?"

"We have a lot of discussions, Jungwon. More mature than immature, I would say."

"I mean the one about our affairs, Rena," I furrow my eyebrows as I look at her. She has to think about it for a moment, but it hits her. She nods, remembering it herself. "Are we still... that affair?"

Rena hesitates, licking her lips through the breathing mask. "I thought we discussed this when you confessed but I guess it's not wrong to talk about now. What is your definition of being a relationship that's sweet like cherries, Jungwon? What is a cherry love to you?"

"It's sweet. Something that's either too sweet or too sour. They come in different types of moments, some that can be of different variants. That's a cherry love. It stays every season," I reply with my heart. "A cherry affair is usually unripe, but when it's ripe... it's sweet. It only happens during two out of the four seasons, but at least it's sweet."

"Hm, your observation isn't wrong," She fixes her head, nodding slightly. "I agree, then. I think that we are past the point of a cherry affair. After all, we don't love anybody else. It's a relationship between you and me, nobody else."