26 ) Bathing in the Sunlight

happiness

happiness. a world from which you enter and exit. it's magnificent.

"Class dismissed," Ms

"Class dismissed," Ms. Ma says, smiling. "Have a nice break, everyone. I'll see you next week."

Sunghoon strolls right past me, but I grab his hand. He pauses, turning to me. His eyes drawdown to our connected hands, and he smiles. "We can talk outside. Ms. Ma wants to speak with you."

I continue to stare before I let go, allowing him to leave the class. I look down at my bag, grabbing it before I go to the front to say my farewells for the week. She grins at me, crossing her arms. "I'm glad you two are getting along again. I'm glad... you're doing better too."

"Yeah," I exhale, nodding before giving her a lopsided grin. "My girlfriend and I talked through it. We're doing better, and I'm happy about that. I only worry for what may happen to her health as time continues."

"I will also worry for you, Jungwon," Ms. Ma pats my arm. "If you ever need time off, come to me, okay? I know how losing someone may feel."

"I do too," I nod, causing her to soften. "Don't worry, Ms. Ma, I'll be okay. I won't forget that offer, though. Thank you."

"Of course. Enjoy your time with her!" She exclaims, waving at me. I leave, seeing Sunghoon down the empty hall. I stroll towards him, seeing him sipping on some water before we meet eyes. He raises his eyebrows, gulping a bit more before he closes the bottle. No words were said before he beckons to the outside, insinuating we could walk while talking. I nod, and as we are side-by-side, I could feel his arm brush mine.

"Rena told me you went to her a few weeks ago. You guys still talk?" I ask, causing him to slowly shake his head. 

"No, we don't," He replies, lunging his bag over his shoulder. "It was the first time we talked since the day you fell into panic. She was surprised to see me. All I could tell her was to be open-minded with the frantic, anxious side of you. She told me that she was always patient with you, and hoped you could've been the same. I guess you don't show her that side of you much, huh?"

"She saw it many times, but I try not to. I don't like worrying others about patience and things that don't need any concern," I shrug. "Sunghoon, is that why you told me to talk to her? You planned on speaking to her?"