10 ) The Lotus Has Bloomed

your voice echoes in my mind, even when it's dead

- kind of a long chapter... recommend listening to dandelions on the Spotify playlist (by ruth b.)

"No

"No."

"What?! Why not!?"

"No, Jungwon, just... no," Chenhan tells me, shaking her head furiously. "Though I think you're a great man with great ideas, this is one of your worst yet! What are you thinking, bringing a fatally ill girl out into the world with more fatal things?!"

"Trust me, Chenhan," She scoffs, shaking her head. "Just this once. Let this be an experiment in which Rena can go outside, can see the real world just once. After this, you can decide whether she goes back out or not... but I want her to be a teenager. Just this once."

"Is she not a teenager?"

"She surely is, but have you seen her?" I question, softly getting quieter to avoid Rena hearing. "She's been strapped to this hospital all her life. I want her to see what people her age do. I want to take her out just today... so she can experience what they do."

Her sister sighs, rubbing her temples. I don't want to stress Chenhan, but she knows well of my adoration for her sister. She groans, leaning her head back, almost as if she was giving into my idea. "Alright, fine! Just this once though. If she gets into a bad accident or is unable to handle anything, I'm going to physically beat you up and not treat you."

"Fine by me!" I salute, giggling.

"That's also quite fine with me," We hear a voice down the hall, allowing our heads to turn. Rena's already dressed up, and I assume she's heard the whole conversation. I straighten up, fixing my school outfit as she wears something quite classy. Flattening the top of her hair, she crosses her arm, relaxing in front of us. "And Chenhan, sis, if you beat him up, I'll die in front of you."

"Sis! That's not something to joke about," She hits her sister's shoulder, Rena hissing as a laugh breaks out. Chenhan sighs in frustration as I chuckle as well, shaking my head. "Anyway, have fun. If you need me, Rena has her watch, and um..."