17 ) Contentful Moon

i'd give up the world just to be with you again

"Rena," He whispers, tearing up

"Rena," He whispers, tearing up. "You've grown up."

"I have," She can't help but whisper back, nodding. "Father."

His tears ricochet down his cheeks, covering his mouth as he wears orange against a soapy green background. Her father can barely contain himself, which causes Rena to laugh and cry as well. She covers her eyes with her hands, sobbing quietly as they waste time crying for each other. Soon, Rena wipes her tears, laughing.

I give them time to talk, walking away for a while as I could barely keep my composure. Was this what it was like to love someone so much? To have a father that would do anything for you, to have someone who'd care just enough to sacrifice their own life for you?

Although it was brutally hard to see, I couldn't help but watch from the sidelines. I could see the happiness in Rena's face, tears streaming down her face as her father coos for her to stop. They're so cute, it makes me envious. I see where she gets her personality, though, away from the cold persona of her mother's personality. Her father is soft-spoken, truthful, and honest. He doesn't like sugarcoating things, and you can see it on Rena's face every time her father can't help but mention something horrible. They're two peas in a pod, taking each other into care and always loving the other—no matter how separated they are.

Finally, I walk back over, listening to their soft conversation. The two are giggling, scooting their chairs closer in hopes of proximity. "It's been six years since I've last seen you, father. How are you? Has mom visited you?"

"Hell, as if she'd come to see the man who ruined her reputation on the news," The pair laughs as her father wipes his tears as well, holding his stomach. "I've been doing fine, just thinking about you and Chenhan. It's a surprise to see you here, especially when you've been cooped up in the hospital. I assume this boy helped you?"

Rena looks up at me, almost as if she was happy to even have me listening. She pulls me closer, wrapping her arm around my waist. Both her father and I widen our eyes, looking at each other before looking at Rena. "Correct, he helped me leave the hospital without Chenhan or mother knowing. He's a guardian angel in disguise," Rena nods softly, giggling. "My boyfriend, Yang Jungwon."