37 ) Postlude: Him And I

that's what he told me that day

that's what he told me that day. "Rena, I want to be the one you depend on."
[ Liu Rena's POV ]

It's Wednesday, January 26th

It's Wednesday, January 26th. Though this date may seemingly have no trace of significance, it is hours before my date of decease. I had this situated according to plan, and as I currently ache with lower back pain simply nothing like no other, I had wanted to get the show over with soon.

Of course, it's rude of me to want to get rid of my rotting corpse this easily. After all, the boy sleeping in front of my weary eyes was a fallen angel, guarded by light to come and keep me alive. Though I do doubt that sometimes, clearly seen by his pivoting gaze, I often go with the latter to keep me from dying on him at a sensitive time.

To my dismay, I never seem to know what actually goes on in his mind. He's such an expressive fellow that I can quite likely get the hint from the way his face contorts into motion. I had always wanted to crack him open like a sealed toy, inspecting his endless, imaginative thoughts at the brush of action. However, that would make me less needy and curious about his companionship. I like him too much to let him walk away, just like the day I went talking to the moon until I fell ill.

I love him more than I love myself. How adequate. 

Oh, and I apologize if my tone and the way I speak is a bit... funny? I bet that's how Jungwon called it early on if he ever mentioned it. I always try to use words he can easier comprehend now that we're attached to the hip. I know that in the early stages of our relationship, he always had an incomprehensible expression. Even for someone who takes AP Government, my words can often be ductile and cause dismay. My apologies.

Anywho, Jungwon has told me that he will be taking a test tomorrow, Friday. It's nearing midnight on a Wednesday, which means my time is almost up. It's perfect because, on other days, I will have to go through more tests if they choose to believe I'm still living. I'm the hospital's lab rat, making them believe I am unbeknownst to my countless "mistakes" on pills. Though, if I knew that I could live longer, I would've quarreled. Yet, knowing that I am on the brink of losing it all, I allowed it at the cost of my freedom.