36 ) The Finale: Goodbyes

it is never over between us, but it is we that must end here

"She said that?" Chenhan raises an eyebrow, my head slowly nodding

"She said that?" Chenhan raises an eyebrow, my head slowly nodding. "Interesting. I thought she'd want to wear her favorite color- dark grey."

"Wouldn't it be sad if the person who died wore a dark color when everyone attending is supposed to also do the same? It deepens the already-destroyed ambiance, and I think Rena wouldn't want anyone screaming and yelling over her in black," Chenhan laughs, shaking her head. "Mahogany... will be just fine. I'll leave the choice of what you want to do with her after the service to you. You're her biological family."

"That doesn't make you any less of her family. If only you both were a bit older, I bet the both of you would've been married," I blush, hiding my face in the palms of my hands. I blink at the thought of seeing Rena in a veil, almost going crazy. "...I shouldn't have put that image in your head. Now, you must want to marry my sister. Forget about it!"

"S-Sorry!" I stammer, causing Chenhan to shake her head. "Thinking about our guests... is your mother coming?"

"...No, she isn't," Chenhan licks her lips, sighing. We had decided to meet outside of the hospital for the first time. We're in the middle of discussing Rena's funeral service, and how we want things to end on a rather non-teary note. "I asked her to come if she was able to. She said since Rena is no longer alive, she has no alliance with the family anymore. The only thing keeping her here was Rena. If you ask me, it was a waste of money. If she was only doing it for Rena and you knew she'd die, why do that to yourself?"

"Yeah, but we'd have to thank her for all the extra time we got with Rena. Your mother is a plausible person, though she may not be the nicest. I know that inside of her, she wishes to come. She just... doesn't like showing any other emotion besides arrogance," Chenhan's nod seems to agree with me, so I drink the coffee she bought me momentarily. After sipping, I widen my eyes in thought. "Oh, right. Did we get permission for your father's leave that day? I already prepared a section for him to read his words for her."

"I got permission, yeah," I sigh of relief, nodding. "The only ones attending seem to be whoever you invited, dad, you and me, and some of our cousins. Luckily, we don't have to spend too much money on the funeral house."