18 ) The Past Regains Itself

where have you been?

Rena frowns as Chenhan taps her shoes uncanny, hands in her lap as I sit on the bed

Rena frowns as Chenhan taps her shoes uncanny, hands in her lap as I sit on the bed. Chenhan loudly roars a groan, causing the female to flinch. "What were you thinking?! Seeing father when you could've risked another panic attack, another faint, another-"

"But I didn't," Rena responds cheekily, my eyes widening in shock. How could she say that to Chenhan? The girl giggles, Chenhan also in disbelief. Rena's hands clasp together, praying to Chenhan. "C'mon, sister! Let's be honest. If anything were to happen, Jungwon would've called you first. Plus, I was attached to my wheelchair the whole time! I brought my IV, and that's all that matters."

"You're just lucky mother didn't find out!" Chenhan snaps, causing Rena to pout. "I had to tell the security guard to delete footage so that mother wouldn't go off chasing Jungwon down and beating him ten feet into the ground! She would've hit you too, if not for the fatal state you're in!"

"But Chenhan, I-" Someone knocks at the door, causing the two to stop bickering. Rena clears her throat, turning her wheelchair away from her sister and rolling towards me. "Come in!"

A nurse enters, Chenhan raising an eyebrow as nothing is in her hands. She laughs awkwardly, waving. "Sorry. Someone wants to see Jungwon, currently. He says to meet him at the hospital roof."

My eyebrow raises, especially when I don't know anybody by the pronoun of he that hasn't betrayed my trust and wanted to see me again. So, I nod, turning to Rena. She's easily worried, but I pat her head and walk out. Who knows, if the nurse didn't interrupt the quarrel, I probably would've gotten the lecture from Chenhan as well. She'll give it to me when I get back, maybe.

As I climb up the stairs, I take my time. My mind scatters for anybody that I may know that wants to see me at this moment: Sunghoon and I have been long gone, our friendship crumbling like the celestial stars that die. So who could want to speak with me? I stop on the fifth-floor platform, finally, my head resonates the aura that I may just be correct. The cherry blossoms.

Sim Jaeyun.

Then, I start to sprint, running up the stairs as I aim for that man who's never wanted to speak with me since Sunwoo's death. I almost slip on a few stairs as I try to skip a few, finally making it to the roof as I slam the door open. With every bit of my heart, I was correct: It was Sim Jaeyun. The older slowly turns around, eyes flickering as he looks at me briefly, then returning to his previous position that faces the open sky. I stroll up to him, gulping as I shove my hands into my coat pockets. Slowly yet surely, I'm beside him.