32 ) Third Week of January

wednesday,  january 19th, 2022

wednesday, january 19th, 2022.

I poke her cheek, the female raising an eyebrow

I poke her cheek, the female raising an eyebrow. She opens one of her eyes, the other following before she grins. Rena must've been asleep. "Oh, you're here. I fell asleep due to all the tests on me this morning," Rena informs me, my hand out of instinct brushing back strands of her hair. I kiss her head, grinning at her. "How was school?"

"It was fine. I'm glad you had a good nap," I say, laying next to her. She nudges me, which makes me move her arms into her lap. Though she can't move as much, at least her head can. Though, it's getting worse every day. I lay the blanket over her hands, her eyes looking over at me with curiosity. "I have a question for you today. It's a question I'm wondering for when I prepare for your death."

"I doubt you're prepared. You weren't even prepared the first time I went into the surgery room," She rolls her eyes, but sighs. "Go ahead."

I chuckle briefly, watching her pouty expression. "What do you want to wear when you're in your coffin?"

"I was kind of hoping you could cremate me or something, but I guess being six feet under is fine too," Rena replies with a laugh. "I want to wear mahogany. For you. I don't care if it's a dress or some suspenders. As long as I look cute in mahogany, I think that I'll be fine laying in wood."

"When I die, I'll wear mahogany so that we're laying together."

"Okay, weirdo. That's enough of that," Rena furrows her eyes. "I hope you're joking. Must you be so attached with me?"

"Of course, I'm joking. I was just trying to be as meaningful as you were," I roll my eyes. "Anyway, I've got a test tomorrow. You haven't asked me of any tasks yet, so I'm going to assume you have one for me today."

She hums, nodding in a struggle. "Yes, I presume. I was thinking about it today, what I should give you. I'm saving my favorite task for next week, though I must say I think I could withstand one more week after that one. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure you wouldn't mind sticking with me for one last week, right?" I nod, staring at the side of her face. "Well, ever since I've been getting worse, I've forgotten to say hi to the kids in the hospital. I'll leave that one up to you. I don't have anything for them, but I've heard them ask the nurses where I've been. You aren't allowed to lie to them about my situation. Tell them just enough so that they don't cry- but you're good at making people cry."