19 ) Dancing In The Moonlight

all the stars above got nothing on you baby

I watch from the corner. Rena gets a new IV stuck into her, so she winces just barely as they insert the new one. My feet rise a bit as if I was in her spot. I wasn't big with needles, nor was it any better that it was my girlfriend was the one getting injected. Officially, Rena became my girlfriend. I think I'm a little too happy thinking about it. She and I... it felt like a dream.

However, there were downsides. As time passed on, I slowly monitored Rena's health. It's evidence that Rena, slowly within time, was deteriorating. It was obvious. Her arms got tired to the point where I frequently had to wheel her around. She coughed more, she was going into emergency surgery more. As her boyfriend, I admit, it was scary. Though both of us prepared for this, I can't imagine her leaving my side.

I have yet to tell her all the things I should. I have yet to tell her the truth about Sunwoo, the truth in which I felt as if she would've been a replacement. Though those feelings have subsided and I've gained a passion of my own towards her, I should tell her before she eventually leaves.

I hate to imagine it. Her on that medical bed, gasping for air as the doctors try to save her. Chenhan would be crying, the nurses using a defibrillator after she slowly closes her eyes. It'd be hard to watch as the line spits out a monotone sound, everyone stopping what they could've done for Rena. It's a head-splitting picture, one that I'm aware I'll experience soon.

"Okay, sis, you're done with your checkups," Chenhan places the stethoscope around her shoulders, over her head. "Remember to take your medicine and don't overexert yourself. If you're going to get better, you can't leave hospital grounds. Okay?"

"Yep!" Hopefully, Rena sticks to that answer. She turns to me, grinning as if the world had no touch on her. She didn't even fear the leaving of the world. At least, I think so. "I'll do whatever it takes to stay here, with him."

Each nurse turns to me, Chenhan rolling her eyes as Rena's show of affection. "Alright, Mr. and Ms. Lovers, I expect both of you to be on your best behavior. Jungwon, if she tries to rebel, I expect you to stop her, okay?" I nod, obliging. "I know you want her to experience what it's like to be a teenager, but she'll die if we can't be there to monitor."