Every Problem Has A Solution

Taehyung opened the door to the hotel room and stood to the side as Jaci, Zephyr, and Aydan filed into the quiet room filled with the stench of blood.

Jaci stood frozen, her hands up to her mouth as she saw the broken person on the bed, unconscious and badly wounded. Her feet refused to move closer, no matter how much she willed them to do so. Sunny noticed her conflict and walked over to her, pulling Jaci tightly into her arms and turning her away from the grisly view.

Zephyr frowned and headed immediately to the bedside, his bag of herbs and concoctions in his hand. "Aydan, come help me get him uncovered."

Aydan did as he was asked and gently tugged the bloody sheet from the gaping wound stretching lengthwise down Jungkook's body. He grimaced as the smell of the wound reached his nose. "Is it rotting already?"

Zephyr was leaned close to the wound, his nose twitching as it identified the different smells.

"Mm. This is definitely Hunter work. They laced their weapon with an anti-healing agent, along with a coating of monk's hood. The monk's hood by itself would only cause a mild irritation, but when combined with the anti-healing agent, it becomes a powerful substance that induces quick deterioration of the wounded area." He leaned back and pursed his lips, staring at Jungkook's pale face.

"Jaci needs to be near him," said Taehyung. "We are convinced they're fated mates."

Zephyr's head slowly turned towards the vampire. "But they've made no progress towards becoming actual mates."

Jaci pulled away from Sunny and came to stand at the foot of the bed. Her face was red from the tears and her chin quivered. "I wasn't ready," she whispered.

"Ready for what? What's there to be ready for specifically? If you two love each other, you get in with things," chided Zephyr.

Jaci ignored the rebuke and knelt on the opposite side of the bed. She reached out a trembling hand and grasped Jungkook's hand to her cheek. "I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"Take her out of here. I can't work properly if she's here. She might hinder the process," said Zephyr. He was unzipping his bag and pulling out various herbs and bottles filled with different colored liquids.

"I've left him too many times to leave him again, especially in this condition," said Jaci, slowly climbing up onto the bed and laying down beside Jungkook. She faced him and tears kept streaming as she watched for any sign of consciousness.

Zephyr sighed with frustration and looked to Taehyung and Sunny for help.

"Don't look at us. If she wants to stay, deal with it," said Sunny flatly. She rolled her eyes away from Zephyr, and walked over to Jaci. She leaned down and brushed back some dampened hair from the girl's face.

"Jaci, Tae and I are going to step out. Stay with our boy and watch over him for me, okay? We trust you, Jaci."

Jaci barely nodded and Sunny stood up. "If you kill him, or hurt him further, I will hunt you down and make you regret everything you've ever thought of doing in your life."

"Yeah, yeah. Get out," barked Zephyr.

Taehyung grabbed his wife's elbow and the pair left the room only to hear a disgusted "Americans" comment come from Zephyr as the door closed behind them.

***

"Aydan, go get me some warm water. Call down to the front desk and ask for all the towels they can give us. Also, bring that lamp over here closer so I can see more of what I'm doing." Zephyr's orders were clipped and said with experience. Aydan never blinked as he quietly went about obeying his master's demands.