Wedding Jitters

The Blood Mountain pack territory was buzzing with activity. Columns made of large fallen tree logs were placed upright, then topped with massive bouquets of wildflowers. They stood as sentries around the central clearing. Picnic tables were aligned in rows of six across and decorated with flowers and candles, ready for the evening's feast that was to happen. Every member of the pack was thrilled to be celebrating not only the wedding of their Alpha, but finally the official addition of a new Luna as well.

The Blood Mountain pack would finally be whole once more.

And there was one member who was more than ready for that to happen than anyone else.

"Dad? Can we go outside and play?" Young-Soo tugged on his father's jacket sleeve.

Sun-Hi pulled on his other. "Please? We're bored."

Hoseok looked down at his two children. Sun-Hi resembled him the most, while Young-Soo had the fierce gaze of his mother Ga-Eun, and all of her spirit. Hoseok grinned as he gently pulled his arms from their grips. He squatted down between them and looked into their despondent faces.

"We will have plenty of time to play tonight, after the wedding. And look at you, you're already dressed in your best clothes! If you went outside you would definitely end up filthy." He tickled each child until they were both giggling and begging him to stop.

Emotions flooded Hoseok's heart and mind as he pulled his children into his arms and hugged them both firmly. The children squirmed and protested being held so tightly. As Hoseok released them, Sun-Hi leaned close to his ear and whispered, "Daddy, I love you."

The dam holding back all of the tears Hoseok had been trying not to cry, broke loose. They streamed down his cheeks in an unstoppable flood.

"You made him cry!" protested Young-Soo. He scooted in front of his father and placed his hands on his cheeks. "I love you more, Dad."

Hoseok laughed through his tears. "I love you more than you love me," he said softly.

"No! I love him more!" said Sun-Hi, pouting and shoving her brother to the side.

Hoseok could see this was going to be a never-ending battle, so he placed his hands up between the children and silenced them. "I'm sure that each of you love me in your own ways, as much as you possibly can."

"Well, seeing as Mama is gone, I can give you all my love for her too," said Young-Soo.

Hoseok's heart lurched in his chest. He reached over and placed his hand on his son's cheek and shook his head. "No, let Mama keep your love. I will only accept what is rightfully mine."

"I miss her," said Sun-Hi sadly. Leaning over, she laid her head on Hoseok's shoulder and sighed.

"Me too, baby. But we can't be too sad today. Today, Uncle Jungkook is getting married! We should at least be happy for today, hm?"

Sun-Hi pulled in a deep breath and stood up next to her brother. "Yes, and we should be happy for Jaci too!"

"Yes, yes we should," smiled Hoseok. Standing to his feet, he took one each of the childrens' hands and they walked out of their temporary home into the warm rays of the setting sun.

"Can we tell Uncle Jungkook our secret?" asked Young-Soo, kicking pebbles with his patent black shoes as the little family walked down the path.

"No! Daddy said to tell no one!" said Sun-Hi, glaring at her brother around her father.

Hoseok chuckled. "Yes, keep it a secret for a little longer. But don't worry, we will tell them all soon."

* * *