Old Aquaintances And New

Jaci returned to the Claret after she and Sunny finished with lunch. Sunny had originally planned on having Jaci stay at the cabin with her and Taehyung, but after some more thinking, she feared Jaci would be in more danger there than back at the guest house.

Jaci wasn't afraid, per se, but she understood it was for the best. Plus, she wanted some privacy of her own to write about her discoveries, journal the events, and just relax. Not to mention, Taehyung and Sunny deserved their own privacy, and Jaci really didn't mind the trek up the mountain to visit with her new friends.

Snuggling down into her own bed, Jaci opened up her video chat app and dialed the Professor. It was mid-morning for him and perhaps he would be in his office wrapping up the end of the year.

"Miss Aigle! This is a pleasant surprise!"

"Hey, Professor!"

"How are things in Korea? It's night time there, right?"

"Yes, I'm just about to go to sleep. I just wanted to touch base."

"Glad you did. Hold on."

"That's for me? Okay, thank you," he said to someone off camera.

Jaci watched as the Professor was handed a black envelope. His expression fell just the slightest as he read the front.

"Bad news?"

"You could say that. It's nothing. Just a bill."

He laughed it off and looked back at the camera. "I need to go though. I have a summer class starting up soon and I need to get things prepared."

"A summer class? I didn't know!"

"It just never came up, I suppose."

"Alright. I'll message you later."

She ended the call and snuggled down into her blankets. She had a new day ahead of her tomorrow. Tomorrow she would get to talk to Taehyung more, and her head was going to be buzzing for a while with all the questions she wanted to ask.

On second thought, she might not be sleeping at all.

***

"I can tell you're unhappy."

"I'm not unhappy."

"Yes, you are. I've known you long enough to know when you're upset."

"You've only known me twenty years. Hardly long enough to be able to discern my deep and intricate mood patterns."

"Yes, I'm sure I have a long way to go in unraveling the psychological mystery that is Kim Taehyung, but right now, your back to me tells me that you're unhappy." Sunny scooted over in the bed, resting her chin on her husband's shoulder.

A moment of silence passed and Sunny was about to give up and roll back to her side of the bed.

"I'm jealous."

Sunny's ears perked up at the sound of her husband's low voice. "Jealous? Of what?"

"Not what. Who." Taehyung rolled onto his back and Sunny almost giggled at the cuteness of his pout.

"Jaci? Why, Tae?" Sunny moved herself on top of her husband and folded her arms across his chest, resting her chin on them.

Taehyung stared into her rich brown eyes. "Because. She's taking your attention away."

"Awww, babe! But my attention is completely yours right now." Sunny smiled, and though it wasn't meant to be seductive, Taehyung found himself smiling and reaching his arms up to encircle his wife.